GDT655SSJSS Latch Assembly issue

Jibix

Premium Member
Model
GDT655SSJSS
Brand
GE
Hi, I have a GDT655SSJSS. 6 months ago after 2 years without any issue, the dishwasher would not start. It was behaving like the door was open. Changed the Latch Assembly and the issue was solved for 3 months... Changed this latch assembly again, that solved it for an additional 2 months. When I disassembled that part, there are two small contactors inside that where "burnt". So I am thinking that there is probably a main board of some sort that could be faulty and makes this latch assembly fail. Any insight? Thank you!

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
It's probably not the board but the wires that connect to the switch/latch assembly. If the contacts keep burning up, there must be a lot of current flowing through the wires. Check the wire connections are tight and the wires are not burned or discolored. Where did you get the two latch assemblies? What's the part number?

Jibix

Premium Member
The part number is WD21X10490, the wires connecting to this part look good, not discolored our loose, I don't know where they connect on the other end. I got the two previous ones in December for the first and March for the second. They came from a parts store in Tucson.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Well it's obviously the latch assembly again. Why it only lasts two month, I can't say. This place has a one year warranty on the part:
WD21X10490 Latch Tub Side Standard