• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GDT695SFL5DS UI blank, control board steady green flashing light

Status
Not open for further replies.

VantasnerDanger

Premium Member
Model Number
GDT695SFL5DS
Brand
GE
GDT695SFL5DS UI blank, control board green rapidly flashing light.

unplugged unit while removing control board to look for LED status and the confirm power.

Behind the kick plate is a factory folded paper circuit diagram that says the control board flashing green light means power is connected. Off means no power. No other info included on green light flashing patterns for status.

In similar model service manuals the steady flashing green light means control board software error.

Power was left disconnected over night.

After connecting power the unit ran for a days like there was never a problem …. and then it went dead again.

Leaving power disconnected over night didn’t reset the control board/UI like it previously.

It hasn’t failed during a washing/drying cycle.

I can’t enter the service mode with a dead UI panel.

Dishwasher has a dedicated circuit breaker.

What’s the next step to troubleshoot or replace parts?

I’m thinking both UI and control board in one shipment.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, you have the newer square machine control board underneath the dishwasher, when its flashing it means its working properly.

Then its usually the UI Board that is bad.

To Verify that--->You can check for 13.5 Volts DC between the (black/green) and (black/yellow) wires at the UI Board itself.

Here's the UI(user interface) Board for your model: Configured Ui Board WD21X32000

Jake

mranzhang

@Jake, really appreciate your feedbacks on this forum! My GE dishwasher model # GDT695SBL5TS is experiencing the same issue as what @VantasnerDanger has described. Just want to see if the UI board for my model is the same, and whether there is a service manual I can reference when replacing the UI board. Really appreciate the help!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, your GE model GDT695SBL5TS uses the exact same UI Board: Configured Ui Board WD21X32000

Here's the instructions to replace the UI Board below. Disconnect power to the dishwasher before you begin.

You will need to remove the whole door, then separate the door, then remove the front control console, to replace the UI Board.

Here's the service manual for your model: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1M-G9W3HiaYnihdB5Cy-jfSPoVf8DZ7j7

Page 28 Door Removal
Page 30 Separate Door
Page 31 Front Control Console Removal
Page 32 UI Removal

NOTE--->When replacing UI control boards, the new UI Board MUST be configured as per the instructions included with the replacement. If the personality is not set by using the 4 jumpers, the buttons, LED’s or cycles will not function properly.

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent @VantasnerDanger glad to hear the new UI Board fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.