• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GDT695SMJ0ES GE Dishwasher beeps like the door was opened, but it wasn't

Status
Not open for further replies.

bunnyblaster

Premium Member
Model Number
GDT695SMJ0ES
Brand
GE
Not touching the dishwasher, it randomly beeps (same tone as if the door was opened, or a button was touched). This is while it is not running a cycle. Also it seems that it may not be finishing all cycles as the 'clean' LED isn't always on when the cycle looks like it completed. Also we have noticed on occasion the drying cycle may not have completed. But if it didn't complete, it doesn't alert you (beep/flashes) as it would if you opened the door mid cycle and forgot to continue the cycle. Any thoughts?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Let's check your main control board STATUS LED, Tell us how many times its flashing in a row.

To view the STATUS LED, remove the lower access panel of your dishwasher. You DO NOT have remove the control board from its metal casing when you view the STATUS LED.

GE control 2 (1).jpg

When viewing it leave all the electrical connectors to it plugged in.

D-GE control board status led.jpg

Here's the machine control board for your model: WD21X24901 Machine Control

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
1x per 3 seconds=Unit is not running a cycle. Select a cycle and press Start.

Try this first:
To Enter Consumer Error Mode: With the dishwasher in Standby Mode (not running a cycle), press and hold the Cycle Select and Start buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds.
On entry into the Consumer Error Mode, the control reports the door status for 10 seconds.
• All LEDs are solidly illuminated, if the door is detected as closed.

--->All LEDs are solidly illuminated, if the door is detected as closed. If All LEDs are solidly illuminated your door switch is fine.

Entering Consumer Error Mode
To display errors, press and hold the Select Cycle and Start pads for 5 seconds.
A door status check is shown for the first 10 seconds (LED models flash with the door open and are solid with the door closed). Errors are then displayed through specific LED’s or LCD Screen (depending on model).

Entering Service Mode (entering Service Mode resets the CSM)
The dishwasher must be in Consumer Error Mode to enter Service Mode. Entering service mode resets the CSM allowing Loads to be checked for the cause of the CSM to trip.
While in Consumer Error Mode:
• Press and hold Cycle Select pad for 5 seconds
• Press Cycle Select to select or increment each test
• Press Start, to start and stop each test

Let us know what happens.

Jake

bunnyblaster

Premium Member
I went through the instructions, the door sensor is good (all LED's were on) but it did give me an 815 error. I went into the Service Mode and tested everything (didn't see an error or message, it just went back to normal/idle status. Running a test cycle now. Isn't 815 an error for the main board?

bunnyblaster

Premium Member
And now the the cycle finished, beeped the song to signal completion of the cycle, and it is dead. No lights, no beeping, it appears to have no power. I unplugged it and plugged it back in and nothing......

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, STATUS LED Steady ON: UI personality not set, communications lost between UI(User Interface) and MC(Machine Control Board).

The UI operational voltage is output from the main control board on connector J722 pin 2 black/green to pin 5 yellow/blue. If 13.5 Volts DC is found here, then replace the UI Board.

Here's the UI(user interface) Board for your model you can order: WD21X23462 Kit Svc Ui Top Logic

Snapshot_2 (1).jpg

Let us know what you find.

Jake

bunnyblaster

Premium Member
must have been a loose/bad connection. I got voltage and it lit back up. But it does still have the original issue (1 green LED blink every 3 seconds). I'm running another test cycle now....

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, keep us posted.

Jake

bunnyblaster

Premium Member
Hello.

So I replaced the machine control board last night. First test was beeped like it was done, but the 'clean light' did not come on. Ran another test cycle during the night, it beeped like the door was being opened throughout the night, the c'clean' light was not illuminated this am. The heated dry feature was selected, but it was soaking wet in there this AM. I am running another test cycle while I am working in the kitchen and keeping an eye on it.

Masami

Premium Member
Hello Jake,

I am having exact same problem with the same model, GDT695SMJ0ES as bunnyblaster is having. My problem started with the clean light not ON and intermittent beep (sound when door opens) by itself as same as bunnyblaster. My MC board did have green light solid on and I replaced it. I measured the voltage from MC Board to UI board as suggested by Jake in his response #8 above, and confirmed I got 13+V (I don't remember the exact reading from my meter). I then replaced UI board, but didn't fix either.

I also took the door switch off of the door and tested it by meter to see if it might have rare short circuit inside of the switch housing which may generate door open/close status without actual door moving. But it seemed working good, no abnormal behavior observed when testing.

Any other suggestion?

Thanks,

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Bunnyblaster, sounds like you will need to replace the UI Board as well if that light on the display is not coming on.

Masami: The UI Board comes with instructions to set the jumpers, you HAVE TO set the jumpers per the instructions or the new UI Board will NOT work.:)

Jake

bunnyblaster

Premium Member
Thanks Jake! Will that also fix the random beeping?

Curious to see what @Masami says as I don't want to buy a $90 part if it didn't work for him. Hoping the DIP switches fix his issue...

Thanks again!

Masami

Premium Member
Hi Jake,

I set jumpers per the document came with the UI board and it’s working now. I see “clean light” ON when wash cycle completed. (y)

The reason I didn’t set the jumpers when first replaced it was because there was no jumpers on the original board which made me left them all 4 lines open, but it was wrong. I should read document first.

Thank you for the advise 😄

Cheers!
Masami

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Masami, glad to hear after you set the jumpers per the instruction sheet that came with it, it worked. (y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

bunnyblaster

Premium Member
I ordered my UI Board and will post back. Are there install diagrams for this part like the above for the control board?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
It's quite the job to replace it. You will need to remove the whole door, then separate the door, then remove the front control console, to replace the UI Board.

Here's the service manual for your model: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1M-G9W3HiaYnihdB5Cy-jfSPoVf8DZ7j7

Page 28 Door Removal
Page 30 Separate Door
Page 31 Front Control Console Removal
Page 32 UI Removal

NOTE--->When replacing UI control boards, the new UI Board MUST be configured as per the instructions included with the replacement. If the personality is not set by using the 4 jumpers, the buttons, LED’s or cycles will not function properly.

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.