• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GDT695SMJ0ES GE Dishwasher - Does not start but beeps three times. Inconsistent troubleshooting results

panjfj

Premium Member
Model Number
GDT695SMJ0ES
Brand
GE
Hello, My dishwasher does not start but beeps (two tone) three times and the orange status light blinks.

for the past 6 months and fortunately now still, I am able to get it to start again by cancelling the cycle, leaving the door open shutting off the power for 15-20 mins and trying again. I realize that if i cut the power and not cancel the cycle, and keep the door closed, turning on the power will just get me the two tone beep three times and not start. I realize that there is a work around but i am hoping to get advice on a proper diagnosis and fix it permanently. This would repeat every 7-14 days. We use the dishwasher every 1-2 days.

I read some of the posts here and tried different things short of replacing any boards or parts since i get inconsistent trouble shooting results. I will describe to the best of my ability.

Today. when the dishwasher "acts up" in a state that would not start normally, i put it into Error mode to test the door close function and realize that the LEDs stay flashing when i close the door. Which seems to indicate the door has an issue. I repeated it 3 times to double check. The door striker is perfect. I then entered service mode and was not able to begin any of the tests by hitting the start button, basically nothing happens, but i do see the LED blink and i can cycle through the tests by hitting select cycle. Ideally i would look at the Control board LED, but cannot access it safely without cutting the power and "fixing" the issue.

So, I turned off the power and accessed the Control board panel and it took me about 20 minutes to access it. And i guess the 20 minutes was part of my "fix" to get it to work again. With the control board out so i can inspect the LED, i reconnected all the connector wires and i was able to start the dishwasher. I cancelled the cycle and the board was showing the correct 1 blink per 3 secs which indicates it is working and waiting for me to select the cycle. I decided to run the door test again and proceed to put it into error mode and now the LEDs show solid when i close the door and blink when i open. I proceeded with the cycle and it works fine now.

I guess i have another week to 10 days, but was looking for advice on how i can further troubleshoot this and see what is wrong with this.

Thanks!!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, the problem is your main control board.

--->Here's the main control board for your model you can order: WD21X24901 Machine Control

Jake

panjfj

Premium Member
Thanks Jake for the quick response. Is this a sign the board is going to go bad soon? And what causes it to do that? The dishwasher is not old or abused in any way.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I'm not sure why these original GE Dishwasher control boards have such a huge failure rate.

Copy and Paste your control board part number---->WD21X24901 into the search box above on the top right side of this site and you will see 4 pages of this control board going south.

Jake