FIXED GDT695SMJ0ES - Has Power but no lights

jtmetz

Model Number
GDT695SMJ0ES
Brand
GE
My dishwasher is a little less than 3 years old. Periodically, I've had intermittent issues with a loss of power to the control board. This could always be fixed by either resetting the breaker on my box or holding the start and cycle buttons to enter consumer error mode.

This time, neither approach is working. I am getting power to the unit at the wire nuts. I pulled the main control board, and the light is lit green (not flashing). I'm guessing my problem is either the main logic board or U/I board? Is there a way to tell which I should replace?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

I'm attaching your tech data sheet below, you will see the control board LED flashing chart that tells you what the flashing describes as the problem, on yours it says: Flashing rapidly (4x per second) or STEADY ON---->Software error. Replace machine control board.

--->Here's the machine control board for your model you can order: WD21X24799 Machine Control

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

Attachments

jtmetz

Thanks for the reply.

Going through some earlier posts, I saw some replies about checking the power output going from the control board to the door. I checked, and it looked like it was getting power.

So I ordered a replacement User Interface board for the door, and that seemed to do the trick.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's very strange because the tech. data sheet says if the Service LED is STEADY ON, then the machine control board is the problem.

So you were getting 13.5 volts DC to the UI(user interface)? That's normal.

Here's the UI(user interface) for your model in case others with your model need it too: WD21X23462 Kit Svc Ui Top Logic

Thanks for the update!

Jake