• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE Adora DDT595SGJ5WW Dishwasher with no lights showing

bbradb

Premium Member
Model Number
DDT595SGJ5WW
Brand
GE
Posted this earlier today on the end of a thread that had been FIXED so maybe no one saw mine tacked on end.

My dishwasher out of the blue just quit with no lights anywhere. I have service manual for the unit. No hint of issues No lights or beeps etc. All power to DW checks out good. Dropped Main Control Board. I have new square board. Applied power and see rapid continuous blinking of Service Led on MC. I am not able to go into Consumer Error Mode or Service Mode. Page 45 in manual says: "Flashing rapidly - replace MC". Have not removed door and hope not to need. I have top of door UI. I will look over cable as best I can but is this indication that my CB definitely needs replacing? Thanks in advance. BTW cable looks ok at MC end. What else should i do or just order board? Anyone?
Bruce

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Bruce,

Page 45 in manual says: "Flashing rapidly - replace MC".
That's only with the NON-SQUARE board, I'm attaching a service bulletin that shows the SQUARE board flashing STATUS LED is normal.

--->Service LED on Main Control--->The new main control has a steady flash pattern on the service LED and only indicates the dishwasher has power and DC voltage is being produced by the control.

So the problem would be either the door wire harness OR the UI Board.

I'd first check your door wire harness to see if its shorting out, look for bad spots on it, look for any metal pins that have backed out of either side of the connectors that connect to the machine control board and UI Board.

Here's the door wire harness for your model:

Here's the user interface(UI) board for your model: WD21X31910 Kit Svc Ui Top Logic

Attachments

• TB12-18.pdf
    398.3 KB · Views: 24

bbradb

Premium Member
hello Jake,
Pulled door. Voltage at UI end of cable is 3.1 to 3.2 VDC (two diff meters). Manual calls for 3.5. Couldn't figure out a convenient way to measure at Control Board end. Cable looks good. Is that within tolerence so UI is bad?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Voltage at UI end of cable is 3.1 to 3.2 VDC (two diff meters). Manual calls for 3.5.
That's a good question, but I don't know if that's close enough or not. It may be better to order both the machine control board and UI Board just to be on the safe side.:)

Here's the newer square control board for your model:

You can use this safety pin trick if your meter leads are too big:

safety pin 500x250.jpg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.