• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE Adora gas dryer DHDVH52GF1WW shuts off but restarts after hitting top.

Diver Dan

Premium Member
Model Number
DHDVH52GF1WW
Brand
GE
My GE Adora gas dryer randomly shuts off after 15-20 minutes, but will immediately restart after banging the dryer (tilting forward 1" and letting it drop back).

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
When it shuts off do all the indicator LED's shut off? When it shuts off just pushing start won't start it? Instead of leaning it forward and dropping it try wiggling the wires on the connectors. Have you checked anything else?

Here's the parts diagram for your model: Parts for GE DHDVH52GF1WW Dryer

Diver Dan

Premium Member
Think I found the problem.

Thank you RickBurton for your response. The LED indicator remained on and the timer continued to count down. After putting the dryer back together with the exception to the top cover, I started a drying cycle and heard an electric arc at the same time the dryer shut off. I touched the Dryer electronic control board, heard another electric arc, and the dryer started working again. I repeated this action several times, heard the same arcing sound coming from the control board, the dryer worked after gently touching (moving) the control board. So I assume the control board needs to be replaced. Thanks again!