• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

    ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

    Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

    From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

    Jake

ge advantium 120 oven

trips52

Premium Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2006
Messages
11
Location
ocala,fl
i got a ge advantium microwave convection oven. model number sca 1001.... everthing works great but the light inside the microwave stopped working... i can see the lightbulb it is a floresent bulb but can't get to it with out taking the darn thing down. and taking it apart any suggestions....
 
Top