• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE Cafe French Door Refrigerator (CYE22TSHPSS) runs 32°-52°.

LarryS_inNYC

Model Number
CYE22TSHPSS
Brand
GE
In a rental apartment with the above referenced refrigerator. Have digital thermometers in both refrigerator and freezer sections. When I noticed wide swings in temperature, I swapped the thermometers to ensure they weren't faulty. I reset the thermometers every day or so to ensure that these temps are not a one-time thing. These ranges are daily. When I open the fridge first thing in the morning, it's generally in the mid-high 30's, During the day, often in the low, and sometimes mid-40s.

We are two adults, so it's not as if we're a large family opening the doors all the time.

Also, food appears to be overly moist.

My thought is something wrong with the control board or thermostat.

Freezer is fine and always less than 3°.

Also, water filters only last 2-3 months instead of 6, at which time fresh water flow slows to approx 5 seconds/oz., meaning it takes a minute to fill a 12 oz glass. Ice production also falls significantly at this point. Replacing the filter fixes the problem.

Landlord will send service tech, but was wondering thoughts from this group.

Thanks.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Also, food appears to be overly moist.
That usually indicates a air leak coming into the refrigerator section, check the two refrigerator door gaskets to make sure they have a tight seal all around when the doors are closed.

Do you hear the refrigerator fan motor running inside the refrigerator section?

Here's the refrigerator evaporator fan motor for your model:
Refrigerator Evaporator Fan Motor WR60X26866

If you don't hear it running, that would cause this problem too.

--->To verify it, you can use a multimeter test to see if its getting proper voltage to it from the motherboard. Pull the refrigerator out from the wall, then you will see a cover over the motherboard, just remove that cover.

--->J6 Pin 2 and Pin 4

--->Pin 2=12 volts DC +
--->Pin 4=12 volts DC -

--->Put your meter on DC volts, then put the RED meter lead on Pin 2, put the BLACK meter lead on Pin 4 and you should get 12 volts DC.

At the electrical connector at the FF(Fresh Food) Fan motor inside the Fresh Food(Refrigerator) section, when the FF Fan is NOT running:
RED to BLACK - 12 VOLTS DC CONSTANTLY

If you get 12 VOLTS DC CONSTANTLY when it should be running and its not running, then that fan motor is bad.

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.