• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE Cafe Refrigerator CFCP1RKBASS not defrosting.

maltman

Premium Member
Model Number
CFCP1RKBASS
Brand
GE
I found the freezer section of my refrigerator full of frost and the temperature was reading -9 deg and refrigerator section at 46 deg. I removed all the food and manually defrosted overnight and turned back on.

Worked perfectly for about a week and again starting to get frost in freezer and temps going bad. I did some searching and determined it was probably the defrost heater was most likely bad.

I'm trying to figure out how to get to the coil to check the heater element but the bottom slider on the freezer is in the way. Couldn't find any info on disassembly to get to the coil section to replace this.

Can anyone help me with this. Would certainly appreciate any help before having to call for service from GE on this. Thanks in advance.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Here's your owners manual: https://products.geappliances.com/M...0.1570163161.1665872940-1147212691.1655650627
Removing and replacing the freezer drawer Pages 26 and 27.
Removing and replacing the doors Page 31-33.

Here's the defrost heater for your model:
WR51X10094 Heater Def Asm

Its better to ohm test it first to make sure its bad.

Usually its the evaporator thermistor that goes bad when your evaporator is all frosted up, if the defrost heater ohm tests good.

Here's the evaporator thermistor for your model:
Thermistor WR55X10025

Shawn has a good video on how to ohm test it:

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.:)

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.