• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE Cafe refrigerator CSHS5UGXCSS intermittent dispenser operation

Luckyjoe

Premium Member
Model Number
CSHS5UGXCSS
Brand
GE
I replaced the dispenser solenoid to get an airtight dispenser.Everything was working fine before ,except for a little frost in the freezer.
Now with the new solenoid in place.The ice maker makes ice,but the auger doesn’t respond ,water doesn’t disperse and the dispenser light doesn’t come on.In two occasions after several hours I pushed for water it worked and stopped after a full glass.I switched to ice and it worked momentarily,but have been unable to get light at the dispenser.Does anyone know what could be the culprit?
Thanks in advance
Joe

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Joe,

Unplug the refrigerator from the wall outlet, then take the dispenser apart again and see if you missed a wire connector or you might have a loose wire connection when you replaced the dispenser solenoid. Did you make sure you unplugged the refrigerator from the wall outlet before you replaced the dispenser solenoid? If not, you could have shorted your motherboard.

Pull the refrigerator out from the wall, then unplug it. Then open up the metal access cover on the back cabinet of the refrigerator and behind that cover is your motherboard, look at it closely to see if you notice any burnt or discoloration on that board.

Here's the motherboard for your model:
WR55X10775 Board Asm Main Control

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Luckyjoe

Premium Member
Thanks Jake,
Just yesterday ,I removed the motherboard and noticed a burnt spot behind the larger relay.I went ahead and purchased the motherboard .As soon as I get it and replace it will follow up.
Thanks in advance
Joe

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Joe, that new motherboard will fix it then, good find.:)

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

Luckyjoe

Premium Member
Hi Jake!
I replaced the motherboard and the same clicking continues..now I don’t have power to the display interface,but I have continuity and light inside the refrigerator.Any other idea would be appreciated.
Thanks again
Joe

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The new motherboard should of fixed it, sounds like you got a defective motherboard, where did you get it from?

Especially since now you don’t have power to the display interface, when it was present before on the old motherboard.

Jake

Luckyjoe

Premium Member
Thanks Jake!
After removing the new motherboard..I took a last try and hooked it up again,paying special attention to the motherboard.This time the compressor came on and the display allows me to set temperature.The water doesn’t dispense,the dispenser light doesn’t work,ice doesn’t dispense,but it makes ice.I wonder if I damage the display interface.I least the wife is happy that the freezer and fridge is cooling .
Thanks again
Joe

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Joe, check the wire connections at the dispenser display board, make sure you have those on properly and tight, also check the wiring coming into the door for pinched or broken wires.

Do all the buttons on the dispenser display board respond when you press them?

Look here:

Here's the dispenser display board for your model:
ge-interface-dispenser-asm-wr55x10786-ap4363233_01_l.jpg

Jake

Luckyjoe

Premium Member
Thanks Jake.
Timware thread is my exact problem..I bought an open box motherboard and as you said,has to be the culprit.
Thanks
Joe

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Joe, got it!

Yes, its best to always buy new OEM parts, like I posted the motherboard in post #2 above.:)

Jake