GE Dehumidifier model ADEL50LRL2 failing troubleshooting repair parts

tacoma50

Model Number
ADEL50LRL2
Brand
GE
1. I have a GE Dehumidifier model ADEL50LRL2 purchased in 2015 which is failing.

My last dehumidifier lasted over 10 years, I use this one only 3-4 months a year during the humid summer in the north east so for it to only last 3 years is a shame.

It works...sort of.....It does remove some humidity but It's not removing the same amount of water as it used to. I can run it 24x7 and it won't bring the humidity below 55 like it used to. I have my own humidity meter and I confirmed that its not just a false reading on the dehumidifier.

There are no windows open, The room temp is above 65. The compressor comes on and off and the coils do feel cold. The fan used to shut off a few minutes after the compressor went of, but now the fan seems to run 24x7. Water does collect in the bucket, but not as much that used to.

It seems all the individual components are working. How is this possible? Can it be that it has lost some of the refrigerant ?

2. I can't seem to find any parts for this GE unit online, why is that? I researched a few new models of other brands and can't find parts for those either. Are manufactures now restricting parts to only authorized service centers?

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

I can't seem to find any parts for this GE unit online, why is that?
Because you can buy the whole unit, but no more repair parts :(

The compressor comes on and off and the coils do feel cold. The fan used to shut off a few minutes after the compressor went of, but now the fan seems to run 24x7.
I think you answered your own question....if the compressor is shutting off too soon you will not collect as much water, humidity will remain higher, fan will not shut off = a compressor issue = happy shopping time.

LINK> Dehumidifiers

jeff.