• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE Dishwasher CDT835SSJ0SS going through multiple control boards.

DillonC

Model Number
CDT835SSJ0SS
Brand
GE
Hi so we installed this dishwasher in our new build house back in 2017. Haven't had any issues until this past September when the display kept saying the door was open when it was fully closed.

After doing some research I checked the control board, saw no status light, and ordered a new one (WD21X24902).

That fixed the issue completely up until a few weeks ago when the same issues came up.

I checked the new board and it had no status light on either. I fully removed it to send it back, but they wanted me to further troubleshoot it thinking the new board couldn't just be bad.

I plugged everything back in, the status light turned on, and the dishwasher worked fine for a couple more weeks.

Now the same issue is back.

So far I've replaced the door latch, and wired the control board to an extension cord to make sure it's not a power issue.

After I plug the extension cord in the washer display turns on with no issue, the control board still has no status light illuminated, and if you try to start a cycle it just says to close the door.

Any other troubleshooting steps to take from here? Thanks so much for any help.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Dillon,

Its a defective board you received, contact them and tell them straight out its defective, where did you buy it at?

If the STATUS LED is STEADY OFF, that always means the machine control board is bad if you are 120 volts AC to it, plain and simple.

Here's the machine control board for your model:

Jake