• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE dishwasher CDT835SSJ0SS power cycling every 6 minutes

donk71

Premium Member
Model Number
CDT835SSJ0SS
Brand
GE
A week or so ago my GE Cafe dishwasher started powering off and on every 6 minutes (I've timed it). Every 3 minutes it either goes on or off. It's still fully functional. I can start a cycle and it finishes fine but then it starts this power cycling thing again. I've trying pulling the power cord and waiting 10 min before plugging it back in. It makes no difference.

Note that I replaced the UI board once already back in August '21 thanks to this board:

Looking for assistance again for this issue. I'm wondering if the UI board I replaced back then was really the correct part since I had to make it fit (see the old thread for details on that).

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I don't know what you mean by power cycle, make a video of this problem please and upload it here, or upload the video to Youtube and post the Youtube link here. Or share your video per Google Drive, Dropbox, or Microsoft OneDrive and post the share link here.

Jake

donk71

Premium Member
Hopefully this is enough video for you. A better description for this instead of power cycling may be the display is cycling. I wouldn't care about it except that the beeping when it comes on is annoying.

Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, I see now what its doing, the problem is the UI Board:

You have a 365 day warranty on the UI Board from AppliancePartsPros contact them and they will ship you another one for free.

Jake

donk71

Premium Member
Never occurred to me it would still be under warranty. Thanks for the tip! I have emailed them about getting a replacement.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good, keep us posted.:)

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.