• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GE Dishwasher CDT835SSJSS with No Heat (Water or Drying)

jhnnyboz

Premium Member
Model Number
CDT835SSJSS
Brand
GE
I have the subject dishwasher and the issue I am experiencing is that it will not heat the water or dry the dishes.

I have replaced the flood switch, thermistor / turbidity sensor (as they are located in the same sensor) and heating element. However, when I open the door when its running the water is not hot at all and I still get the codes F97 and F99.

Ive tried putting the machine into service mode and activating the heater but it doesnt get hot.

The main circuit board was replaced about 1.5 years ago because it kept thinking the door was open when it wasnt, so at first i replaced the door switch, then finally the circuit board, which fixed it.

I would have just bought a new dishwasher with all the money i had to put into it, but literally this one cost me like 900$ so i want to try fix it.

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Below is the code for F97 and F99

GE Dishwasher F99 Code​

Water Temperature Error​

A GE Dishwasher displays a F99 error code when a Water Temperature Error has been detected by the internal electronic diagnostics.
GE General Electric Dishwasher F99 Code

Error Code Meaning​

The water temperature can’t reach the defined value.

Possible causes for a GE Dishwasher F99 error code​

• The heater is defective.
  • The thermistor is defective.
  • The main PCB is defective.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Your missing a digit in your model number, here's the results I get:
CDT835SSJ0SS
CDT835SSJ2SS
CDT835SSJ4SS
CDT835SSJ5SS

Well, since you have already replaced the thermistor and PCB, then the only part left is the heater, did you ohm test the heater with a multimeter?

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Also, disconnect power to the dishwasher and see if the tub TCO is tripped.

Screenshot 2021-09-09 15.43.10.png

jhnnyboz

Premium Member
Thanks for the reply Jake.

I will look for the exact model number when i get home, the number listed is what was written on the receipt.

Also i did replace the heating element, so i literally thought i replaced everything that could go wrong.

I will check the TCO to check if its tripped though. How would i tell though, is there a certain condition its in if its tripped? How do i un-trip it?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Usually there is a RESET BUTTON on the tub TCO, just push in the button to RESET it.:)

Jake

jhnnyboz

Premium Member
Thanks Jake. That did the trick. There was a little black button that i had to press back in to reset it and finally, hot water!!!!

Not sure what part it was to fix it though since i literally replaced everything but thinking the flood swithc.

Thanks for the help sir! Your the best!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent @jhnnyboz glad to hear that made the heater element start working again.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake