• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GE Dishwasher DDT595SSJ0SS - No power to control panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthewcastor73

Premium Member
Model Number
DDT595SSJ0SS
Brand
GE
Greetings,

I have a DDT595SSJ0SS dishwasher with no power to the top control panel/user interface. In reading through some there threads and watching a couple videos, I realized there was no LED on the main control board and subsequently ordered a new part and replaced it. I now have a steady green LED on the control board, checked all connections, but still no power on the User Interface control panel. In an effort to try and reset the system, I've tried holding down the heat cycle button, holding down the start and cycle select button simultaneously, powering the unit down complete at the circuit breaker for various lengths of time (started at 45 seconds, moved to 10min and 15min intervals), but still no success. Suspecting I may need to replace the User Interface Control Board, but wanted to reach out to see if there was a further diagnosis I could do prior to randomly ordering yet another $75-100 part. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Matthew
Portland, OR

matthewcastor73

Premium Member
I should also add that while I hoped I had just missed setting personality jumpers, when I inspection both my old and new main control boards, there were no personality jumpers soldered on the board (just solder dots where the 1248 location is on the board).

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Where did you buy the main control board from?

Here's the main control board for your model: WD21X24901

If you are getting 120 volts to the main control board and the STATUS LED is STEADY OFF, that means the main control board is bad period, it can't be anything else.:)

So it sounds like you got a defective main control board, look here:

Jake

matthewcastor73

Premium Member
Jake, as stated, I already replaced the main board (same part number you provided) and now have a steady green LED but no power to the buttons/user interface.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I know that Matthew, but the main control board can come defective and cause that STEADY ON LED you are now getting. Its extremely rare to ever see the main control board AND UI Board go bad AT THE SAME TIME, unless you has a power surge or power spike at your house?

Check your voltage per the diagram below. The UI operational voltage is output from the main control board on connector J722 pin 2 black/green to pin 5 yellow/blue. If 13.5 Volts DC is found here, then the UI Board is the problem.

Snapshot_2 (1).jpg

Connector J722 is located on the metal casing side of the main control board.

J722.jpeg

It's the one on the left above the ethernet port.:)

Here's the user interface(UI) board for your model you can order:
WD21X23461 Kit Svc Ui Top Logic

You will need to remove the whole door, then separate the door, then remove the front control console, to replace the UI Board.

Here's the service manual for your model: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1M-G9W3HiaYnihdB5Cy-jfSPoVf8DZ7j7

Page 28 Door Removal
Page 30 Separate Door
Page 31 Front Control Console Removal
Page 32 UI Removal

NOTE--->When replacing UI control boards, the new UI Board MUST be configured as per the instructions included with the replacement. If the personality is not set by using the 4 jumpers, the buttons, LED’s or cycles will not function properly.

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Matthew, Then that Main control board you installed is bad, contact the place where you got it from and tell them its bad, and they will send you another new main control board.

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.:)

Jake

matthewcastor73

Premium Member
Jake the replacement Main Control board show up, installed it and I'm getting a reading of 14.01 VDC at those pins but still no illumination or any activity on the UI panel. Does that mean the UI board needs to be replaced? I know you mentioned 13.5VDC...is 14.01 acceptable or would that suggest a additional issue?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Matthew, 14.01 volts DC is good.(y)

Is the main control board STATUS LED STEADY ON on the replacement board you got?

Yes, you will need to order and replace the UI Board as well, I posted the link to it in post #5.

Remember--->When replacing UI control boards, the new UI Board MUST be configured as per the instructions included with the replacement. If the personality is not set by using the 4 jumpers, the buttons, LED’s or cycles will not function properly.

Jake

matthewcastor73

Premium Member
Jake, just wanted to let you know that I got around to putting in the new UI panel yesterday and we're back to life. Everything appears to be working as new again. Thank you for your assistance, greatly appreciated!

Matthew

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Matthew, glad to hear the new UI Board fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.