• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GE Dishwasher GDF520PSD0SS - broken wiring harness

Status
Not open for further replies.

lqqk_out

Premium Member
Model Number
GDF520PSD0SS
Brand
GE
Hi!
I have a GE Dishwasher
Model Number: GDF520PSD0SS
that would not fill up with water. Upon some investigation, the dishwasher float/flood switch assembly seemed a likely culprit. There was some water left in the dishwasher, so I took my wet/dry vac and vacuumed all the residual dirty water out. I carefully removed the float/flood switch assembly and noticed that the wires were not connected to the connector on the switch assembly. It almost looks like the wires were cut off from the connector. So, obviously, this is the problem. My questions are:
1. Do/can I solder on some new wires and insert them into the connector or do I need to purchase a new wiring harness?
2, If I go the wiring harness route, I assume I will need to pull the dishwasher out of the cabinet so that I can flip over the dishwasher to install the new harness?
3. Can someone tell me what the harness part number is?

Regards,
brett

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

lqqk_out

Premium Member
Thank you Jake!
One question though. Are you sure that part number for the wiring harness (GE WD21X10543) is the correct part? I mention this only because on the link you posted, at the bottom of the page I do NOT see the model number for the Dishwasher (GDF520PSD0SS) listed in the cross reference and model information. I do see similar models listed though (GDF520PSD1SS & GDF520PSD2SS). I just want to make sure I am ordering the correct part if I do need to order the wiring harness.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, that is the correct wire harness.

I just double checked it here:
Its the 2nd one from the top.

Jake

lqqk_out

Premium Member
Thank you for confirming. I ordered the wiring harness and will report back once I get it installed.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.

Jake

lqqk_out

Premium Member
Jake,
You are the man! The part number you gave me for the wiring harness was correct! Last night I replaced the flood switch and the wiring harness and now according to my tenant the dishwasher is once again working like a champ. Replacing the wiring harness was a bit of a chore, since you need to remove the dishwasher from the cabinet and flip it on it's back. Which requires one to: disconnect the dishwasher drain hose, water line and electrical connections and then unscrew cabinet fasteners, lower feet, and pull out dishwasher.
Thank you again for the help!

brett

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Brett, glad the new wire harness was correct and fixed it, along with the new flood switch.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Here's the flood switch for this model in case others need it too:
WD21X10519 Switch Flood Asm

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.