• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GE Dishwasher GDF520PSJ0SS wont run after power surge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thejanitor86

Premium Member
Model Number
GDF520PSJ0SS
Brand
GE
So last week we had a power surge caused by lightning hitting a power pole nearby. Took out some small electronics(router/modem/cell phone charger) and we though that was all but then we went to use our dishwasher today and all the lights come on but it never starts.

I have looked at the service light on the main board and its just blinks 1 time if the dishwasher is in stand by mode, and it blinks 3 times when I hit start on a cycle. It doesnt ever seem to actually start.

All the UI buttons seems to respond to being hit. I can cancel the cycle and change the cycle. I went into service mode via the START and CYCLE button hold. All lights came on. Then went held CYCLE again to hopefully reset the CSM.

Didnt seem to change anything unless i am doing something incorrectly in the service mode. Any help would be much appreciated.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
99 out of 100 times its the machine control board that is the culprit.

Here's the door latch switch for your model:
WD21X10490 Latch Switch

Here's the machine control board for your model:

To Verify the door latch switch is good--->Follow the directions here:
LatchSwitch.png

Door closed: 0 ohms.
Door open: infinite ohms.

Let us know what you find. Make sure you disconnect power to the dishwasher before ohm testing.

Jake

Thejanitor86

Premium Member
So the Latch switch appears to be fine. Continuity check was as it was suppose to be. Is there something else i can check on the board or at the pumps to see if the correct voltage is being sent out? Also would you happen to have a link to the entire Tech Manual for my model?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to hear the new main(machine) control board fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.