• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE Dishwasher GDF530PGM0CC Random Beeping Won't Start

dafdog6

Premium Member
Model Number
GDF530PGM0CC
Brand
GE
Hi - first time poster here. I have read in similar threads that the random 3 beeps that usually indicates the door is open/closed always indicates that the UI Board needs replaced. My GE dishwasher is a few years old and recently has been randomly beeping and shutting off. Up until now, turning off the breaker for ten minutes or so has always restored power and functionality to the unit. Yesterday there was more beeping than normal (when the machine is not in use and no one is around it). I am having trouble finding the proper part to order for my model.

Also, any guidance you can provide on how to replace the UI Board is appreciated.

Thank you!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, this is the correct UI Board for your model:

Yes, when it does random things like beeps and wakes-up out of the blue when no one is around the dishwasher, then the UI Board is always the problem.

Here's the service manual instructions for your exact model:

You will need to remove the whole door, then separate the door, then remove the front control console, to replace the UI Board.

Here's the service manual for your model: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1csheGsbSmPFRON5ThkhhwfvZ6saWoxHc/view

Page 27 Door Removal
Page 29 Separate Door
Page 30 Front Control Console Removal
Page 31 UI Removal

NOTE--->It looks like this UI Board personality setting has been set at that factory, all UI Boards come with instructions, on the those instructions it will tell you if yours has been set by the FACTORY or not.

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

dafdog6

Premium Member
Thank you so much for your quick reply! I have the part on its way -- since the above linked site is out of stock, I found a similar part on Sears Parts Direct that looks like the same part and shows compatible with my model:

Their online chat confirmed that part WD21X24821 also works for my model. I hope they are correct.

I appreciate the service manual. I will update once the part is in and we are hopefully running consistently and beep-free!

Andrea

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Part Number WD21X26182 (AP6985297) replaces WD21X24821.

WD21X24821 is the original part number when the machine was made, when the manufacture replaces a part number with a new part number that always means the new part number has been upgraded.

You will be getting the pre-upgraded part which should still work fine, but it will likely fail again the same way.

Jake

dafdog6

Premium Member
Thank you for the clarification. I didn't realize that...although if the new (old) part can buy us another three years of use, we should be in good shape!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, that's what I was thinking as well.:)

Jake