• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GE Dishwasher GDF530PGMWW No Power

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerm1777

Premium Member
Model Number
GDF530PGMWW
Brand
GE
Hello,

I have a GE model GDF530PGMWW that was purchased around mid 2019 from Lowes. It has been great so far until about a month ago. During the day while working from home it would randomly make the door chime noise like we were opening and closing the door when nobody was even near it.

After about a week of doing that one morning we were loading it with dishes and noticed it had no power at all. I tried a few things and then shut the breaker off and turned it back on and still nothing. I ended up leaving the breaker off all night and the next morning I flipped it back on and the dishwasher came back to life.

It still was doing the intermittent door open/close thing when nobody was near it but it worked and we have ran about another 8-10 cycles in it and then today it is dead again with no power. I left the breaker off most of the day and flipped it back on and still dead.

I will leave it off again overnight to see if that fixes it temporarily. Does anyone know where I should start with this thing? I'd like to get a few more years out of it if possible. Thanks!

Jeremy

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Jeremy,

Your missing a digit in your model number. Read it from the model number tag, which is located inside the door on the tub frame.

Here's the results I get:
GDF530PGM0WW
GDF530PGM3WW
GDF530PGM4WW
GDF530PGM5WW
GDF530PGM6WW

Jake

jerm1777

Premium Member
Sorry about that. I pulled the model number from my original Lowes order page. The actual model number from the door is GDF530PGM0WW. I flipped the breaker back on yesterday morning and it came back to life again also, but the phantom door open/close is still happening. I have a feeling it's only a matter of time before it's dead again.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks!

Yes, when it does random beeps when the dishwasher is not in use and no one is around it, that problem is always the UI Board.

Yes, this is the correct UI Board for your model:

Yes, when it does random things like beeps and wakes-up out of the blue when no one is around the dishwasher, then the UI Board is always the problem.

Here's the service manual instructions for your exact model:

You will need to remove the whole door, then separate the door, then remove the front control console, to replace the UI Board.

Here's the service manual for your model: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1csheGsbSmPFRON5ThkhhwfvZ6saWoxHc/view

Page 27 Door Removal
Page 29 Separate Door
Page 30 Front Control Console Removal
Page 31 UI Removal

NOTE--->It looks like this UI Board personality setting has been set at that factory, all UI Boards come with instructions, on the those instructions it will tell you if yours has been set by the FACTORY or not.

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to hear the new UI Board fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.