• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE Dishwasher GDF570SGF0BB - sprayers don't activate

echo465

Premium Member
Model Number
GDF570SGF0BB
Brand
GE
Hello everyone, I hope you can help me with this problem:

GE dishwasher - the bottom of the tub fills with water, and the heating element gets hot, but the sprayers never activate - it's silent during this phase. If I leave a glass in the racks and it doesn't fill with water. If I let the cycle complete, the dishwasher dispenses the soap, and drains the water.

HOWEVER! This morning they did activate once when I was testing it again -- but then after loading it with dishes it stopped working again. This makes me think maybe it's something electronic?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Here's the service manual for your model: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M-G9W3HiaYnihdB5Cy-jfSPoVf8DZ7j7/view?usp=sharing

Do this--->No Circulation Flow Chart on Page 55.

On page 55: The first step is Circulation Pump will not run--->Access main control, place dishwasher in service mode(Page 44), check for 120 Volts AC on connector J702 Pin 2(YB) to Pin 3(CR) there is a misprint, it should be connector J703 not J702.

Circulation Motor Fuse
A circulation pump motor fuse is located on the main control board. If found open while testing for no circulation pump operation, the main control and circulation pump must be replaced.
If 120 Volts AC is not volts at MC J703-2 to J703-3, check the fuse at the points shown in the below illustration. If an open circuit is seen, replace the main control and circulation pump.

Here's the wash motor kit for your model, in case you need it:
WD49X23782 P2B Wash Pump Kit

Here's the machine(MAIN) control board for your model, in case you need it:
Control Board WD21X22276

Let us know what you find.

Jake

echo465

Premium Member
Thanks for your help and expertise. Given the cost of the replacement parts vs. replacing the appliance, I am replacing it instead.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok sounds good.

Thanks for the update!

Jake