• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE Dishwasher GDF570SGJ2CC won't start

artwolf

Premium Member
Model Number
GDF570SGJ2CC
Brand
GE
Originally no lights on panel. Did troubleshooting in Service Manual, said to replace the UI board. Ordered it and replaced it. Now, everything seems to work correctly, except that it won't start. When I press the Start button, I get a low-tone beep, but nothing else. I have been through all the steps. Went to Consumer Error Mode, all checked out correctly. Door switch is fine both ways. Lock lit solid, no other lights on.

Then went to Service Mode. All 5 tests seemed to work correctly. Service LED blinks 3 times per second, indicating that it is in a cycle, but it is clearly not. Even when I hold the Start button for 5 seconds to clear any cycles, it still blinks 3 times. I don't want to throw parts at the machine, but I really want to get this fixed rather than buy a new one.

When working, it does a great job! Do I replace the Control Board (again, I already replaced the UI board)? Any other tests you can think of?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
--->Here's the UI board for your model: WD21X23463 Kit Svc Ui Front Logic

Did you remember to set the personality jumpers on the new UI Board before you installed it? The instructions always come with the new UI Board and shows you how to set the jumpers.

--->If the personality is not set by using the 4 jumpers, the buttons, LED’s or cycles will not function properly.

Jake

artwolf

Premium Member
Hi Jake, thanks for responding. Both the old and new UI boards had holes, but no pins in the space where the jumpers should go. From hat I've read, and the fact that the correct events happened in CEM, I am pretty sure that the personality is correct, although if you have a way for me to check, I'm all ears.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Nope, every new UI Board is suppose to come with 4 personality jumpers and instructions to set them.

Contact the place where you got the UI Board from and tell them it did not come with 4 personality jumpers and instructions to set them. Hopefully you bought it from a reputable source that won't give you the runaround on it.

You can see here it does come with jumpers:

These 2 appliance parts sites are very reputable: AppliancePartsPros and RepairClinic

Jake

artwolf

Premium Member
The picture of the original board had no jumpers, only a block that could have pins there, but doesn't. The old and new board look identical. It came with instructions shown in pic. My model, GDF570 isn't listed, but based on the pictures of the front controls, it is the same as the GDF520/540. The picture either shows no jumpers or all four jumpered. However, the board I pulled out is configured exactly the same as the one I installed. I ordered for a GDF570 and the WD21X10537 is what they sent. Is this not the correct UI Board? I am at a loss here.

Attachments

• UI Board jumper instr..jpg
    UI Board jumper instr..jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 47
  • UI Board jumper pic.jpg
    UI Board jumper pic.jpg
    364.5 KB · Views: 36

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The original board will NOT have jumpers, the new UI Board will have jumpers.

The photo you posted shows its the wrong part number anyways. Do you see the date on the box? It shows 6-26-2014. They have upgraded that board many times since 2014.

So you need to send it back for a full refund and order it here: WD21X23463 Kit Svc Ui Front Logic

Jake

artwolf

Premium Member
Hi Jake. Took a while, but I used your link and ordered it today. Should be here on Saturday and I'll get it installed Will it come with jumper instructions? I'm still confused a little, as the board I pulled out (original to the DW) did not have any jumpers on it.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Will it come with jumper instructions?
Yes, it will.

The original UI Board does NOT have jumpers, the new UI Board will have jumpers you need to set per your model number, per the instructions that come with it. It is very easy to do.:)

Jake

artwolf

Premium Member
Well, disappointed in AppliancePartsPros. Paid extra to have it delivered today, and now Fedex says it should get here Monday. Bummer.
I'll let you know how the install goes when it finally gets here.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Just contact them and they will reimburse you for the extra you paid for Saturday delivery. That has happened to me before too, but I always get reimbursed.

Jake

artwolf

Premium Member
I did. they said essentially, Well, that was just an estimated date, even though on the ordering page it said Delivery on and gave the date, not a date range. Their email said, "Although you may have seen a date of 7/10/21 which is an estimated date to reach our consumers', the date has been pushed back reflecting the Shipping carrier's logistical nature of this order."
The carrier's logistical nature? Really? I'm sure they have some small print somewhere that says they are not responsible for anything. It is what it it, but I really think it was deceptive.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Oh, my bad, I thought you paid for overnight Saturday Guaranteed delivery.

PM me your email receipt and I'll refund your shipping cost for you.

Jake