• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE dishwasher GDF570SSJ0SS Won't Start

Jdyankee5

Premium Member
Model Number
GDF570SSJ0SS
Brand
GE
My GE GDF570SSJ0SS dishwasher is currently giving me the 3 beeps and never start issue that I keep seeing on this forum. I have tried the below so far, and could use some guidance on what my next steps should be:
1. Consumer error mode: I entered into this mode, all lights light up steady green, no flashing. When I went into the tests however, I didn't hear the circulation or drainage pumps engage. The detergent latch opened fine, I heard water come in for that test, and I'm not certain about the heating element, but I think that works too
2. Main control board LED: blinking green

What does blinking green indicate?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
How many times in sequence is the STATUS LED blinking green on the machine control board underneath the dishwasher?

--->Here's the machine control board for your model:

Jake

Jdyankee5

Premium Member
It looked like just once, but I can double check after work today. Is there anywhere I can find a guide outlining what the # of blinks means?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Jdyankee5

Premium Member
Ok so it blinks 3 times like it's running a cycle, I let it go for a few minutes and then opened it up. There is water just sitting in the bottom, is there usually an error code when the drain or circulation pumps don't go on? In consumer error mode I didn't hear those pumps run, but no lights indicated errors

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
is there usually an error code when the drain or circulation pumps don't go on?
No, there is not.

Ok, open the service manual and on Page 55 is the No Circulation Flow Chart, do that first.
Page 66 is the DRAIN MOTOR FLOW CHART

--->Here's the machine control board for your model: WD21X24901 Machine Control

Circulation Pump will not run--->Access main control, place dishwasher in service mode, check for 120 Volts AC on connector J702 Pin 2(YB) to Pin 3(CR) there is a misprint, it should be connector J703 not J702.

Circulation Motor Fuse
A circulation pump motor fuse is located on the main control board. If found open while testing for no circulation pump operation, the main control and circulation pump must be replaced.

If 120 VAC is not volts at MC J703-2 to J703-3, check the fuse at the points shown in the below illustration. If an open circuit is seen, replace the main control and circulation pump.

Here's the circulation pump(wash motor) for your model:

Here's another member that had this exact same problem:

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Jdyankee5

Premium Member
Okay so after all of this, I went back to step 1 and my dishwasher is back to blinking lights indicating the door is still open. I'm conflicted on whether to try to replace the door latch first, or just go for the main control board. I tried to check the pins on the board with a multi meter and didn't get any readings anywhere, but I'm admittedly not very good with one. Should I try to replace the door latch first, given it's a cheaper part?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
99 out of 100 times its the machine control board that is the culprit.

Here's the door latch switch for your model:
WD21X10490 Latch Switch

To Verify the door latch switch is good--->Follow the directions here:
LatchSwitch.png

Door closed: 0 ohms.
Door open: infinite ohms.

Let us know what you find. Make sure you disconnect power to the dishwasher before ohm testing.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.