• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GE Dishwasher GDF570SSJ2SS no lights come on, won't start

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithBromberg

Premium Member
Model Number
GDF570SSJ2SS
Brand
GE
For several months, to get the lights to come on and the dishwasher to start, I some times had to unplug the power cord, open the dishwasher door, plug the power cord in, close the door.
Three weeks ago this routine stopped working and we started washing dishes by hand. I bought and installed a new door latch and after a minute or so, the lights came on and the dishwasher worked. But the next time, two days later when we tried to use the dishwasher, lights would not come on the the unplug / plug in again routine did not work.

I then bought and installed a new control panel. Again, the lights came on and the dishwasher worked...one time. Now the lights do not come on and the unplug / plug in again routine does not work. The dishwasher is about 5 years old and does a great job on the dishes and is very quiet. I would like to keep it if I can get it working. What should I try next? Keith

Added model number

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Keith,

You posted the part number of the machine control board, we need the model number of your dishwasher first.

The model number is located inside the door on the tub frame.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks Keith! So you replaced the machine control board at the bottom of the dishwasher? Or the UI Board at the top of the dishwasher door?

--->Here's the machine control board for your model: WD21X24901 Machine Control

--->Here's the UI(user interface) Board for your model: WD21X23463 Kit Svc Ui Front Logic

What we do is--->Check the machine control board STATUS LED first(its located underneath the front on the dishwasher). Tell us how many times its flashing in a row, or if its STEADY ON or STEADY OFF.

To view the STATUS LED, remove the lower access panel of your dishwasher. You DO NOT have remove the control board from its metal casing when you view the STATUS LED.

GE control 3.jpg

When you have that panel lowered down turn the breaker back ON to your dishwasher. When viewing it leave all the electrical connectors to it plugged in.

D-GE control board status led.jpg

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good. Yes, keep us posted.

Jake

KeithBromberg

Premium Member
Jake, I think I got it fixed. You pointed me in the right direction. When I lowered the machine control board and applied power, the LED was on steady. Combing through the GE service manual for this model, I learned that might indicate a communication failure to the User Interface board.

Since I had previously installed a new machine control board, I unplugged and re-plugged the black cable where it leaves the control board to go to the door. Now the dishwasher is working again. I ran a complete cycle then at each step of reassembly, I applied power to check if the lights would still come on and they do. Hope that's it....thanks for your help.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Good job fixing it Keith.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.