• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GE Dishwasher [GDF610PGJ2BB]: No Water / Drain Pump Continuous Cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.

whyclef

Premium Member
Model Number
GDF610PGJ2BB
Brand
GE
The GE [GDF610PGJ2BB] dishwasher started not draining water 2 weeks ago. I ordered and replaced the drain pump. After installment of the new drain pump, the dishwasher fully cycled 2x with no problems. The 3rd time it cleaned the dishes, did not dry them, and the drain pump began cycling continuously.

The drain pump only cycles continuously when the start button is not selected and the door is fully closed. In addition, after pressing start the dishwasher will no longer run a cycle to clean the dishes. After pressing the start button I hear two clicks, see a green light under the unit, the drain pump occasionally comes on, and the timer continues to count down.

When I open the dishwasher after waiting 15-30 minutes nothing is wet, hot, or clean. I have cleaned the filters and searched for other posts on this forum. Does this sound like it might be the Flood Switch Assembly? If not, any other advice on parts to check or replace?

Thank you for any advice you can offer!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Stephen,

Did you ohm test the flood switch? A bad flood switch would make it not heat at all.

--->Ohm your flood switch resistance with a multimeter set on 20K ohms.
the resistance across pins 3 & 5 on the flood switch should be about 11K ohms at room temp, and 1,300 ohms at 175 degrees.

These 2 circled in red are pins 3 & 5:

floodswitch.jpg

Here's the flood switch for this model:
WD21X10519 Switch Flood Asm

Jake

whyclef

Premium Member
I went with replacing the flood switch assembly. The flood switch was the culprit and all is working well now. Thanks :)!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Stephen, glad to hear the new flood switch fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.