• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GE Dishwasher GDF610PGJ2WW unresponsive

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkortenk

Premium Member
Model Number
GDF610PGJ2WW
Brand
GE
My GE dishwasher GDF610PGJ2WW is unresponsive. Control board green status LED continually flashes quickly (no pattern). A few months prior to this the dishwasher would come on as if the door had just been opened or closed. Replaced the control board a year or so ago. Might this be a door latch failure?
Thanks,
Peter

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Peter, which board did you replace a year ago? The Machine Control board underneath the dishwasher or the UI Board at the top of the dishwasher door?

Flashing rapidly(4x per second)--->Software error, replace MC(Machine Control) board. If it was the Machine Control board you replaced a year ago, did you buy it from AppliancePartsPros or RepairClinic?

All parts from AppliancePartsPros and RepairClinic come with a 365 day warranty.:)

Check your email receipt and see.

You will need to ohm test the door latch switch to determine if its bad.

Here's the door latch switch for your model:
WD21X10490 Latch Switch

Follow the directions here:
LatchSwitch.png

Door closed: 0 ohms.
Door open: infinite ohms.

Let us know what you find. Make sure you disconnect power to the dishwasher before ohm testing.

Jake

pkortenk

Premium Member
Thanks for the reply, Jake. I turned the power off at the breaker box for 30sec and that seemed to fix everything. Some sort of computer resetting?
Thanks again!
Peter

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I turned the power off at the breaker box for 30sec and that seemed to fix everything. Some sort of computer resetting?
Yes, but that usually only happens when the STATUS LED on the machine control board flashes 7 times, which means the CSM is tripped and THUS powering the dishwasher off and on resets the CSM and everything works normal again.

But you said it was flashing rapidly with no sequence to it.

So just keep your eye on it to see if this keeps happening or not.

Jake

pkortenk

Premium Member
It did happen again today; unresponsive, no power. I tried cutting power to appliance for 30sec again but no change this time. Also the STATUS LED is steady on. No flashes. Last time I replaced the Machine Control board underneath the dishwasher. Any idea what I should replace this time?

Thanks for you expertise!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, If the machine control board STATUS LED is STEADY ON--->UI personality not set, communications lost between UI and MC.

Unusually that means the UI Board is the problem. The UI Board is at the top of the dishwasher door, where you press the buttons to set the cycles and start the machine.

If you want to verify that--->You will need a multimeter to check for 13.5 Volts DC.

The UI operational voltage is output from the main control board on connector J722 pin 2 black/green to pin 5 yellow/blue. If 13.5 Volts DC is found here, then the UI Board is the problem.

Here's the UI(user interface) Board for your model you can order: WD21X23462 Kit Svc Ui Top Logic

Snapshot_2 (1).jpg

Connector J722 is located on the metal casing side of the main control board.

J722.jpeg

It's the one on the left above the ethernet port.:)

Let us know what you find.

Jake

pkortenk

Premium Member
Sorry for the late reply. I replaced the UI Board and has been working great ever since! Thanks Jake!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Peter, glad to hear the new UI Board fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update, better late than never.:)

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.