• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE Dishwasher GDF610PM2JES Trouble resetting CSM

JoshC

Premium Member
Model Number
GDF610PMJ2ES
Brand
GE
Dishwasher appears dead. Power is verified, no water leaks, and status LED flashing 7 times for CSM tripped. I can enter consumer error mode. Door latch reports correctly. When I enter service mode, I can select three of the tests, but each time I press start to run one of the tests, I hear clicking, then the UI goes dark. I can immediately re-enter consumer error mode, then service mode, and try another test to no avail. No way to reset the CSM?

JoshC

Premium Member
OK, update. I opened the door in standby mode. With the door opened, I entered consumer error mode, then proceeded to service mode. I selected the second test (fill the tub) and hit start (door still open). Start light flashed indicating door was open, so I closed the door and the test started. I was able to complete all 5 tests and reset the CSM. Any idea why I couldn't get the tests to run when entering Consumer error mode / service mode with the door closed at the beginning?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Josh,

What is the serial number of your dishwasher?

I located a service bulletin I can upload for you about this CSM issue.

I was able to complete all 5 tests and reset the CSM. Any idea why I couldn't get the tests to run when entering Consumer error mode / service mode with the door closed at the beginning?
No Josh, but I usually reset the CSM for my local customers with the door open, don't think I've tried it with the door closed.

Jake

JoshC

Premium Member
Hi Jake,

Serial number is AH724574B. I'm planning on more troubleshooting / parts ordering after work today. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

JoshC

Premium Member
I forgot to mention that after all the tests complete, the CSM resets as the status LED blinks slowly indicating standby mode. I start a cycle, and it trips again. Heating element is less than 6 months old, as are both pumps. Door switch, and detergent door all test good....

Thanks.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks Josh,

Your dishwasher was made in January of 2017, so this service bulletin I'm attaching below DOES APPLY for your model and serial numbers.

It says this: Replace the Heating Element with WD05X24776 and update the software.
Customer Care Technicians will use Consumer error and Service Modes to diagnose and SUM Module WD98R2327901 to update software.

Since its only $4 more dollars to order a brand new machine control board with the new software already on it, its best to just order the new machine control board rather than updating it.

--->Here's the machine control board for your model you can order: WD21X24900

Jake

Attachments

• DD02-18.pdf
    175.5 KB · Views: 57

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Josh, sounds good, yes let us know.:)

Jake