• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE dishwasher GDF610PMJ2ES completely dead

DetroitJay

Premium Member
Model Number
GDF610PMJ2ES
Brand
GE
Our GE dishwasher model# GDF610PMJ2ES about a week ago just died. No power, no lights, I reset the breaker just to double check, and the breaker was fine. The dishwasher is dead to the world

HELP! It’s only 4 years old

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi, The machine control board is underneath the front of the dishwasher. Just remove the bottom panel to get access to it.

--->Here's the machine control board for your model:

Look here:
D-GE control board status led.jpg

You will need to take the voltage reading from the 120 VAC SUPPLY electrical connector, just remove the 120 VAC SUPPLY electrical connector and put your meter probes in it, and your meter should read 120 Volts.

If your meter reads 120 volts, and the STATUS LED is STEADY OFF, then your machine control board is the culprit.

See it on the right side of this photo below? Coming off the two yellow wire nuts, I circled it in red.:)

J722.jpeg

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Your welcome, let us know what you find.

Jake

RobTheSodMan

Premium Member
Your welcome, let us know what you find.

Jake
Hey I have the same dishwasher, it has no power or lights. I tried the reset I found mentioned in here. By holding the two buttons for 5 seconds. It did not work. I pulled the plate from bottom, and it has power at the wire nuts. Where should I go from here, I didn’t see any green light under there, but I don’t really know where to look. Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Rob,

Yes, if you have the exact same model dishwasher--->GDF610PMJ2ES and the STATUS LED on the machine control board is STEADY OFF, then indicates the machine control board is the culprit itself.

You can order it from the link I posted to it in post #2 above.

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Rob,

Look here at the photo and you will see where its at:

LED.jpeg

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
And that was with that small harness disconnected as in your earlier picture
Leave that small harness connected when you are viewing the STATUS LED so reconnect it and tell us if its still STEADY ON.

Jake

Weasel665

Premium Member
I have the same GDF610PMJ2ES dishwasher. I have no lights on my buttons. I replaced the control board before i found out about the LED light, so it has a new one now. the LED is steady on. I ordered a new UI board. Compared it to my old board......exactly the same. Neither the old UI board nor the new UI board have the jumper pins on them. My dishwasher is still not working and I don't know what to do next. Can anyone help me figure this out?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I have the same GDF610PMJ2ES dishwasher. I have no lights on my buttons. I replaced the control board before i found out about the LED light, so it has a new one now. the LED is steady on. I ordered a new UI board. Compared it to my old board......exactly the same. Neither the old UI board nor the new UI board have the jumper pins on them. My dishwasher is still not working and I don't know what to do next. Can anyone help me figure this out?
The original UI Board does NOT have jumpers, but the new UI Board ALWAYS comes with jumpers and the instruction sheet to show you how to set the jumpers on your model.

So, I'd contact the place where you got it from and tell them that.

Here's the NEW UI Board for your model: WD21X23462 Kit Svc Ui Top Logic

See the instruction sheet and jumpers in this photo:
dishwasher 05.jpg

Weasel665

Premium Member
I got the "new" UI board from a used appliance parts shop on eBay, it was tested from a used dishwasher. Is there any way to make it work or do I need to send it back and buy a new one with the jumpers?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
No, you need the NEW UI Board that comes with the jumpers and the instruction sheet or it will not work at all.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.