• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GE Dishwasher GDF610PMJ2ES - Error 817 - control board status 2x per 3 seconds - Delay start

GoldXD

Premium Member
Model Number
GDF610PMJ2ES
Brand
GE
I just replaced the control board and the door control panel (UI).

I hit the start button and it starts beeping at me, 3 beeps every 1 minute or so.
I dropped the control board and checked the status LED, at first it blinks once every 3 seconds. When I press Start, it blinks twice every 3 seconds, which means Delay Start.
I then held Start Cycle and Start for 5 seconds and I get the 817 error code and all of the lights are flashing. The lights flash when the door is open or close (they should be solid when the door is closed), I think this is the problem but don't know what it means.

GoldXD

Premium Member
Well, you wont believe it. I somehow plugged J711 into the control board...backwards!
I plugged it in the correct way and it started working again. In all my years of dealing with electronics, that's a first.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Well, you wont believe it. I somehow plugged J711 into the control board...backwards!
I plugged it in the correct way and it started working again. In all my years of dealing with electronics, that's a first.
No worries, it happens to all of us at one time or another, no one is perfect.

Glad you figured it out.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Here's the control board for your model, in case others need it too: WD21X24900

Here's the UI Board for your model, in case others need it too: WD21X23462 Kit Svc Ui Top Logic

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.