GE Dishwasher GDF610PMJ2ES Not Heating

Owentp

Premium Member
Model Number
GDF610PMJ2ES
Brand
GE
I recently had the water off to my dishwasher for a sink repair. I forgot to turn it on and cycled the dishwasher. Everything still works, but it will not heat up and dry the dishes. I have replaced the heating element & cleaned the float switch. Did I fry something by not having water run to it?

I have heard of a high limit thermostat but no part comes up for this model online. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi, if the flood switch is bad, the dishwasher will not heat on these GE models. Do you know how to access it and ohm test it?

Here's the flood switch for this model:
WD21X10519 Switch Flood Asm

You can ohm test your flood switch resistance with a multimeter set on 20K ohms.
the resistance across pins 3 & 5 on the flood switch should be about 11K ohms at room temp, and 1,300 ohms at 175 degrees.
These 2 circled in red are pins 3 & 5:

InkedPhoto Jan 06, 1 30 30 PM_LI.jpg

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Owen sounds good, let us know how it goes.

Jake

Owentp

Premium Member
Well.....flood control switch & new element installed, used rinse aid & still not working! Must need a control panel.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, It will really be good to ohm test your original parts before ordering new parts.:)

You also have a TCO(Thermal Cut Off) if that is bad even a new control board will not make it heat without replacing that TCO too if the TCO ohms bad. So if don't have a multimeter to ohm test, then order both the TCO and the control board.:)

The TCO is located on the right side of the tub, approximately 16 inches from the front of the tub.
The TCO is held in place with two 1/4 in. hex head screws. The TCO is in a series circuit with the Calrod Heater.

Here's the TCO for your model: WD21X21690

Here's the main control board for your model: WD21X24798

Jake

Owentp

Premium Member
Do I have to replace the board if the TCO is replaced. I did test all the old parts with a multimeter & they all seemed to be in range.

Owentp

Premium Member
You said it is on the right side 16" from the front? The part you gave me shows it is in the same area of the control board in the front and it's a harness??

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
On your control board the wire harness that the TCO is on is at the J702 connector.

The TCO only comes with a new wire harness:

See it in the photo above on the left side with the Violet wires going to it? And the metal mounting support brackets attached to it?

Its will show you a more detailed diagram of its location on page 67 here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XTOXM0wA0UJEuucW0deIni17sMPtDGtD

Jake

Owentp

Premium Member
Thx! So I'll get the harness & the TCO.....correct. This makes sense since it ran w/o water that it should have tripped.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes Owen, get the TCO and control board and you should be back in business.:)

Jake