• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE Dishwasher GDF610PMJ2ES three beeps won’t start

lsbrown44

Model Number
GDF610PMJ2ES
Brand
GE
Hello all,

Problem:
Went to run a load of dishes yesterday and it did the whole three beep and no start thing.

Background:
I have had this issue before. The last time this issue arose was about 2 months ago and I replaced the dead UI board in the door. That fixed that issue and I was back up and running. Now I am experiencing this issue again and it doesn’t appear to be the UI in the door again. Checking the Service LED on the Main Control Board I found a solid OFF light. Putting the dishwasher into Consumer Error Mode I find the lights on the door flashing for 10 seconds with door actually closed. This leads me to to think its either the Main Control Board or the door switch… What else can I check to narrow down between the two before ordering parts?

Thanks for your help ahead of time.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
When the STATUS LED is STEADY OFF on the machine control board, that indicates the problem is the machine is the machine control board.

Here's the machine control board(under the dishwasher) for your model: WD21X24900C

You can test the door latch switch, to verify that too.

Here's the door latch switch for your model:
WD21X10490 Latch Switch

To Verify the door latch switch is good--->Follow the directions here:
LatchSwitch.png

Door closed: 0 ohms.
Door open: infinite ohms.

Let us know what you find. Make sure you disconnect power to the dishwasher before ohm testing.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.