• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GE Dishwasher GDF610PMJ2ES will not start - 2 flashes on Service LED

Status
Not open for further replies.

tstrange1

Premium Member
Model Number
GDF610PMJ2ES
Brand
GE
GDF610PMJ2ES dishwasher will not start. When the start button is pushed it beeps three times. I pressed and held the "Select cycle" and "Start" buttons for five seconds. The result was all the LED's flashed when the door was closed . All the lights turned off except for the lock LED. With the lock LED illuminated I pressed and held the "Select Cycle" for five seconds. The Normal LED lit up. I have replaced the door latch and the control board with no luck. The manual states that 2 flashes on the service LED indicates that dishwasher is in delay start and waiting to start a cycle. However, delay start is not active. Thoughts?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

tstrange1

Premium Member
Thanks Jake. I had replaced the main control board this morning and still didn’t work. I had also replaced the latch sensor. I put the old latch sensor back in and it started just fine. It certainly was the control board. I assume the new latch I purchased was a bad one. Glad it’s working now!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, then it was the main control board, because I've replaced many of these same main control boards for this exact same problem and it always fixes it.(y)

And you can search through our GE Dishwasher forum for this exact same problem and the new main control board always fixes everyone's here too.:)

Yes, your new door latch switch was bad, causing the new control board to act the same as the old one.

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.