• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE Dishwasher GDF610PMJ2ES works a couple of times then it will not power on a few days later

spikey

Premium Member
Model Number
GDF610PMJ2ES
Brand
GE
my dishwasher works a couple of times then it will not power on a few days later. i replaced the control board thinking that was the fix. after reading the Technical Service Guide 2015 Plastic Tub Dishwasher i discovered there is a LED that indicates what the issue may be. how do I see that LED on the control board? It seems as though i will have to remove it while it is still powered. thanks. you guys are very informative and save me some $$$

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The control board is located underneath the dishwasher, just remove your bottom access panel and then remove the metal cover from the front of it, and its in there.

To view the main control board STATUS LED, remove the lower access panel of your dishwasher.

D-GE control board status led.jpg

Here's the control board for your model:

Here's the video that shows you how to remove the cover to access the main control board, and view STATUS LED on it: Main control board access video
Don't remove the control board from its metal casing.

Make sure you leave all the connections connected to the control board when viewing the STATUS LED.

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That is correct.

Jake

spikey

Premium Member
good afternoon jake. i finally found that the led on the main control board is steady green. no blinking. none of the controls on the display panel work or illuminate at all. can you give me an indication of what that steady green light points to? thanks for your support. john

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok John,

If the STATUS LED is STEADY ON, then the UI(User Interface) Board is the problem.

Here's the UI Board for your model you can order: WD21X23462 Kit Svc Ui Top Logic

--->The original board does not have jumpers. You need to set the jumpers on the NEW UI Board per the instructions THAT COME WITH IT.:)

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I moved your refrigerator to a new thread here:

Jake