• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GE Dishwasher GDF610PMJ6ES | Random Beeping | Dead | Control Board LED Flickering Green

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simeon

Premium Member
Model Number
GDF610PMJ6ES
Brand
GE
So this has been a saga to be sure.
A few months ago, our dishwasher would beep at random but still run through a cycle.
One morning we woke to a dead display, it would not respond. Here is what I have done up to this point:
I powered the breaker off for a while to see if it would reset, nothing.

I then replaced the FUSE on the control board - NOTHING

I ordered a new Control Board to see if that would work - NOTHING

I made sure that everything was getting power - OK

One thing I noticed was the CONTROL BOARD had a small GREEN LED.
When I applied power to the dishwasher the LED would FLICKER GREEN, this was the NEW Control Board.

I thought, why not put the OLD control board back in to see what would happen.

The OLD Control Board did the same thing, presenting a flickering Green LED.

I also checked the door switch to see if that was working. Open or closed the co tool board still flickered.

That is where I am today.
a side note: The dishwasher had been leaking at the bottom of the door. This was due to the VENT CAP being loose, when I tightened it back up, the leak stopped.

Could the door vent leak have damaged a component in the DOOR Display and switches?

Thanks for the help,
Simeon

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
A few months ago, our dishwasher would beep at random but still run through a cycle.
Whenever it does random beeps when the dishwasher is not in use, its always the UI Board that is the problem.

a side note: The dishwasher had been leaking at the bottom of the door. This was due to the VENT CAP being loose, when I tightened it back up, the leak stopped.

Could the door vent leak have damaged a component in the DOOR Display and switches?
Yes, it could have as well.

Here's the UI Board for your model: WD21X23462 Kit Svc Ui Top Logic

Here's the service manual instructions for your exact model:

You will need to remove the whole door, then separate the door, then remove the front control console, to replace the UI Board.

Here's the service manual for your model: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XTOXM0wA0UJEuucW0deIni17sMPtDGtD

Page 26 Door Removal
Page 28 Separate Door
Page 29 Front Control Console Removal
Page 30 UI Removal

NOTE--->When replacing UI control boards, the new UI Board MUST FIRST be configured as per the instructions included with the replacement. If the personality is not set by using the 4 jumpers, the buttons, LED’s or cycles will not function properly.

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

Simeon

Premium Member
SUCCESS!!!
We now have a functioning dishwasher once again!
After installing the board and buttoning everything back together it was great!

I noticed that the new UI panel has a very bright digital display that is more white than green as the factory one. I did not notice any type of bezel of color filter on the previous panel, is that the way the replacements are?

Thanks again for the amazing help.
I actually had someone contact me after seeing my success video I posted and they have. The same model with the same issue, so your help will be passed along to help others.

All the best,
Simeon

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Simeon, glad to hear the new UI Board fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

I noticed that the new UI panel has a very bright digital display that is more white than green as the factory one. I did not notice any type of bezel of color filter on the previous panel, is that the way the replacements are?
Yes, the new ones are like that now.

Where is your video at?

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Good video.:)

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.