• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GE Dishwasher GDF610PSJ2SS control panel non responsive

Status
Not open for further replies.

D_H

Premium Member
Model Number
GDF610PSJ2SS
Brand
GE
Dishwasher was working fine, but would randomly beep. Went on vacation for a few weeks and the control panel was non responsive with no light luminated. I've test the power at the outlet and that is good, tried to reset CMS by pressing cycle select and start at the same time an got no lights on control panel, i replaced the control board and still no lights on the control panel

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Check your main control board STATUS LED, Tell us how many times its flashing in a row, or if its STEADY OFF or STEADY ON. Leave all the electrical connectors plugged into the board while viewing the STATUS LED.

D-GE control board status led.jpg

If the STATUS LED is STEADY ON: UI personality not set, communications lost between UI(User Interface) and MC(Machine Control Board).

The UI operational voltage is output from the main control board on connector J722 pin 2 black/green to pin 5 yellow/blue. If 13.5 VOLTS DC is found here, then replace the UI board.

Here's the UI(user interface) Board for your model you can order: WD21X23462 Kit Svc Ui Top Logic

NOTE--->When replacing UI control boards, the new UI Board MUST be configured as per the instructions included with the replacement. If the personality is not set by using the 4 jumpers, the buttons, LED’s or cycles will not function properly.

Let us know what you find.

Jake

D_H

Premium Member
Thanks Jake.

Status LED is steady on.

I'm not sure how to check main connector J722. Can i jump to replacing the UI board? Is that difficult to install and configure?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, just replace the UI Board WD21X23462 Kit Svc Ui Top Logic and that should fix it.

Here's the service manual instructions for your exact model:

You will need to remove the whole door, then separate the door, then remove the front control console, to replace the UI Board.

Here's the service manual for your model: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XTOXM0wA0UJEuucW0deIni17sMPtDGtD

Page 26 Door Removal
Page 28 Separate Door
Page 29 Front Control Console Removal
Page 30 UI Removal

NOTE--->When replacing UI control boards, the new UI Board MUST FIRST be configured as per the instructions included with the replacement. If the personality is not set by using the 4 jumpers, the buttons, LED’s or cycles will not function properly.

Keep us posted

Jake

D_H

Premium Member
Hi Jake,

Making progress. Thanks for your assistance.

I ordered the UI board and have removed the old one. I need assistance on setting the jumpers correctly. I have the GDF610 model and need to set jumpers per the photo. Question - how do I remove or adjust jumper 4 and 1?

Attachments

• Jumper.jpg
    Jumper.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 13

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Just pull the jumpers up from 4 and 1 and put them exactly the way it says in the diagram. You leave those two top holes at 4 and 1 empty.:)

Jake

D_H

Premium Member
Jake,

I found some instructions and did what you said and holes at 4 and 1 are empty. I now have power to the control panel, but the buttons don't perform the function as labeled...select doesn't allow me to select the cycle. Yikes - this will be hard to live with....

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Then the UI Board is defective, plain and simple! I've replaced many of these same boards and it all worked perfect!

Where did you buy the UI Board at?

Take a photo of how the jumpers are set right now and upload it here.

Jake

D_H

Premium Member
AppliancePartsPro - original GE part. Tonight, I'll pull the board and send a photo to confirm i properly placed the jumpers.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Did you disconnect power to the dishwasher before replacing it?

Jake

D_H

Premium Member
Yes, now power. When i powered up, there was a chime and one green light on "upper". Tried to use select to choose a cycle, but it didn't work.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, then if your jumpers are set properly, then it has to be a defective UI Board.

You can contact AppliancePartsPros and they will send another one.

Jake

D_H

Premium Member
Jake, thanks for the guidance. A new UI board is being shipped. I'll keep you posted.

DH

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok DH, sounds good.

Make sure you upload the photo of how you set the jumpers so I can make sure they are correct.:)

Jake

D_H

Premium Member
Jake,

Found something on-line. I previously replace the main control board. Do i also need to configure jumpers on that board?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
No, if the jumpers need to be set there will be a instruction sheet included with the main control board, that will tell you if they need to be set or not.

I don't see a instruction sheet that comes with your main control board.

Here's the main control board for your model: WD21X24900

Jake

D_H

Premium Member
Jake,

Good news - fixed. You're support was fantastic and it I wouldn't have been able to get it fixed without your timely and informative replies. I'd like to make a donation. Does that go to you directly?

Something I learned - on the UI board i needed to remove all the jumpers and then set the personality. I only removed two originally which meant the other two were in the wrong spot.

Thanks,
D_H

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent D_H, glad to hear that.(y)

Thanks for the update!

You're support was fantastic and it I wouldn't have been able to get it fixed without your timely and informative replies. I'd like to make a donation. Does that go to you directly?
Yes, it does, the Donate button is all the way at the bottom of this page, Thanks!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.