• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GE Dishwasher GDF610PSJ2SS not cycling properly

fc227a

Premium Member
Model Number
GDF610PSJ2SS
Brand
GE
Greetings all,

Our dishwasher has been acting weird lately . At first start , it fills properly and spins the arms and shoots water normally and then dumps the water.
But after that . it does not fill up properly it's low on water . If I manually add water it the arms shoots water , but then it dumps water out back to a low level .

What's confusing is the first start up is correct good water level, but after that low.

The filters where quite dirty loaded with soap scum , cleaned , But it looks like the flood switch / sensor is loaded up with soap scum also. I suspect this is where the problem is .

But before I tear this apart am I over looking anything simple ?

God Speed, Fred

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Fred, Ok, lets first check your flood switch, if that is bad it will never fill with water properly.

FIRST: Ohm your flood switch resistance with a multimeter set on 20K ohms. Disconnect power to your dishwasher first!
the resistance across pins 3 & 5 on the flood switch should be about 11K ohms at room temp, and 1,300 ohms at 175 degrees.

These 2 circled in red are pins 3 & 5:

floodswitch.jpg

Here's the flood switch for this model:
WD21X10519 Switch Flood Asm

There is a HOW TO video in the flood switch part link.

Let us know what you find.

Jake

fc227a

Premium Member
it was loaded with soap scum , ordered a replacement . But also took the old one apart , was able to clean all the crap out . float is free now and switches on and off.

Next question , is there a screen on the water inlet (Hot water from the house) . If I am in there I might as well clean that if there is one .

God Speed, Fred

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, yes Fred, then your flood switch is the culprit, then new one you ordered should fix it.

Next question , is there a screen on the water inlet (Hot water from the house) . If I am in there I might as well clean that if there is one .
Yes, you can see the screen in it in the photo below:
Water-Inlet-Valve-WD15X26140-06452823.jpg

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

fc227a

Premium Member
I also pulled the hose off the inlet. It was clean in there. I little rust stained , but no debris .
'

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good, keep us posted.:)

Jake

fc227a

Premium Member
Yes, all is well now.

Question , I could not get the machine to go into daix mode . It went in to "customer error mode" , But when I tried to go to "service mode" it would not .

Minor point , It's working well. so....

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Fred, did you replace the flood switch and that fixed it?

To enter Service Mode :
1. First enter Consumer Error mode as directed previously. After the ten (10) second door check has completed, continue to next step.
2. Enter Service mode (while in Consumer Error Mode), by pressing and holding the Select Cycle button for five (5) seconds.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Fred, glad to hear the new flood switch fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake