• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GE Dishwasher GDF620HSJ6SS - No lights to the control panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbie2000

Premium Member
Model Number
GDF620HSJ6SS
Brand
GE
Hi all,

We've had an intermittent problem with getting no lights to the control panel of our GE dishwasher model GDF620HSJ6SS. Previously, I've unplugged it and plugged it back in, and it has come back to life a couple times, but not this time. I've checked the outlet with another appliance, and it's working, ensured that the door was fully closed, and it seems all right. Any thoughts? I'm seeing other posts for similar models that seem to have a UI board problem at about two to three years old? Our model is hitting three. Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Here's the machine control board for your model: WD21X25732

You have a different style machine control board, on yours the STATUS LED is suppose to flash, it means its got power to it.

So first you will need to disconnect power to the dishwasher and drop down that machine control board, its located underneath the door, once you remove the lower bottom access panel.
(click to enlarge)
squareboard.png

Then restore power to the dishwasher, If the STATUS LED on the machine control board is blinking, then its good and the problem is the UI Board.

Here's the UI(user interface) Board for your model you can order: WD21X23462 Kit Svc Ui Top Logic

Remember to set the jumpers on the new UI Board before you install it. The instructions always come with the new UI Board and shows you how to set the jumpers.

--->If the personality is not set by using the 4 jumpers, the buttons, LED’s or cycles will not function properly.

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Robbie, sounds good.

Jake

Robbie2000

Premium Member
Hi Jake,

I finally have everything taken apart and I'm ready to install the new board - I've been struggling with the jumper configuration. Am I doing this correctly (before I install it and put it all back together again)?
gdf620.jpeg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's not right. See how you got the 8 and 2 UP? 8 and 2 should be covering both Pins. 4 and 1 should be DOWN, just covering the bottom Pins.

Look here, this is how it should be on your model:
GDF620.jpeg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Robbie, glad to hear that.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.