• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE Dishwasher GDF620HSJ6SS - Non Responsive, No LEDs

mrmiller1023

Premium Member
Model Number
GDF620HSJ6SS
Brand
GE
Hello. I've read several of these solution threads and want to confirm some things before I order the replacement parts.

Dishwasher not working as of this morning. No response when pressing any of the control buttons. Verified outlet has power. I attempted to enter CSM mode per previous threads but there was no response when attempting to do so. I've removed the Control Panel board and the LED had a rapid, constant green flash but my understanding is that is not the Status LED. Upon inspection of the MC board I noticed some black marks on it's underside and am not sure if that could be a potential cause of the issue or if I should be focusing on the UI board. Would appreciate any help in diagnosing the cause so I can order the correct replacement part(s) the first time.

washer.jpg

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

mrmiller1023

Premium Member
You nailed it:

What's the difference between the board you linked and this one:

I've seen that recommended for the same model.

Last edited:

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

mrmiller1023

Premium Member
OK, New board is installed. Door lights up but the unit will not start a wash cycle. When I push Start there is nothing and then three repeated beeps. Pushing Start and Cycle at the same time for 5 seconds gives codes 817 with the panel lights flashing. Not sure what I should be looking at testing/setting now.

Edit: Forgot add that I have tried going into and out of Demo mode with the result not changing.

Last edited:

mrmiller1023

Premium Member
I purchased the 32. As I mentioned I've seen Jake recommend the 32 in other threads for my model and when I entered my model number into the Appliance Compatibility Tool from the linked product page in post #2 it said the 36 was not a match, but the 32 was. Is the tool wrong? I'm seeing both boards recommended and went for the one in stock.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

mrmiller1023

Premium Member
That's unfortunate but thanks for the clarification. Part is OOS so I'll update in a couple weeks when it arrives and I've been able to install it.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, yes I noticed it was out-of-stock too, keep us posted when you get it.

Jake

mrmiller1023

Premium Member
OK. Part finally arrived and was installed last week. Dishwasher worked fine. I did notice it was chirping randomly and I don't recall it doing that before. Unfortunately today the panel is blank and unresponsive again. I haven't taken it apart yet to investigate but have you ever seen something like this before after installing a new board?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, how many loads where you able to run after you installed the new machine control board.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's very odd.

I don't know what else it could be expect the UI Board that got shorted by the machine control board.

Here's the UI Board for your model: WD21X23462 Kit Svc Ui Top Logic

Jake

mrmiller1023

Premium Member
well I still have the wrong board I ordered. I've RMA'd it but haven't mailed it off yet. It might be worth plugging that back in since it did cause the control panel to light up. If it does not then would it be safe to assume the UI Board is probably the culprit at that point?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Well, if you plug it in and it doesn't fix it, then you can't return it period, then your out $100 down the drain.

So, it would probably be best to contact GE to come out to make sure its the UI Board before you order it.

Jake

mrmiller1023

Premium Member
OK, back from a trip. Before we left I unplugged the wire from the door going into the control board and plugged it back in. Dishwasher worked as expected and ran a complete cycle. After that one lights were dead again an no response. Attempted to repeat the same steps with the wire harness from the door and it is not working at all now. Does that help shed light on what might be the issue now?