• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE Dishwasher GDF620HSJ6SS - Non Responsive, No LEDs

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Before we left I unplugged the wire from the door going into the control board and plugged it back in. Dishwasher worked as expected and ran a complete cycle.
Sounds like you might have a short in the door wire harness. Check the metal pins in that door wire harness to see if any are bent or backing out.

Here's the door wire harness for your model:

Jake

mrmiller1023

Premium Member
Thanks Jake, might as well give it a shot, what's another $25 if it saves me from a new dishwasher purchase. Any videos for how to swap out the part?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
No videos I can find, but its very easy, it just runs from the machine control board up through the door to your UI Board.

You will need to remove and separate the door again just like you did when you replaced the UI Board.

Wait, I did just find a video that gives you the general idea of how to replace it:

Jake

mrmiller1023

Premium Member
Great, thanks! I haven't replaced the UI board on this since it worked after the plugin. I think we discussed it but I didn't actually go for that yet.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Wait what? I thought you replaced the UI Board?

Jake

mrmiller1023

Premium Member
No, I replaced the MC Board... twice, because I ordered the wrong part number the first time.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Got it!

Like I said before, its best to get GE to come out and see what's going on, I'm not that familiar with these newer GE dishwashers and their tech data information is very vague compared to the older models.

That new Machine control board should of fixed it, as it was obviously burned out, but it could of shorted out the UI Board as well.

These GE dishwashers are very troublesome.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
OK. Part finally arrived and was installed last week. Dishwasher worked fine. I did notice it was chirping randomly and I don't recall it doing that before. Unfortunately today the panel is blank and unresponsive again
The random chirping when no one is around the dishwasher and the dishwasher is not being used is always a sign the UI Board is the culprit, you will see many threads that are marked FIXED when this problem occurs when the new UI Board is installed.

So, I hate to keep telling you to replace parts and just when you think its resolved it acts up again then we are back to square one, that's why its best to get GE out.

Jake

mrmiller1023

Premium Member
OK, thanks for the info. At this point I wonder if we just cut our losses and get a new unit. I'm $100 down in parts already, plus a potential UI board, plus a tech visit potentially...

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, get a Maytag Dishwasher and you will never have these problems or any problems again.:)

Jake

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
never have these problems or any problems again
You mean that figuratively, right? I don't want to see that statement come back and bite you in the a$$. ...
6c2ba386.x120.gif

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Compared to GE--->Maytag is HEAVEN!!!

No problems, No worries! LOL

Yes, you bet Rick--->figuratively--->No machine is 100% perfect.:)

If you look at all the GE dishwashers in the last 5 years we have helped fix, then compare them to Maytag dishwashers its almost 100 times MORE breakdowns for GE dishwashers.

Jake

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Yep, you said it brother! I don't expect it to get any better now that Haier owns them.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Whirlpool, KitchenAid, and Amana are very good too.

Jake