• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE Dishwasher GDF630PMM0ES - Constant rapid flashing status LED

mcheslock

Premium Member
Model Number
GDF630PMM0ES
Brand
GE
Howdy!

I've been having a gradual failure of responsiveness of our dishwasher. At first, it would randomly beep and turn on the front-facing lights as though it "thought" the door had been opened / closed.

Later, it stopped responding to door opening / closing as it once did (and responsiveness came back only after cutting and restoring power).

Now, the interface is unresponsive no matter what.

In looking at the control board, the status LED is constantly flashing rapidly. Trying to assess the issue and possible solution.

Thanks for any input!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi, this is a newer style GE dishwasher and the STATUS LED on the main control board no longer does the STEADY ON, STEADY OFF, or BLINKING a PATTERN to indicate the problem.

Here's the service manual for this model: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1csheGsbSmPFRON5ThkhhwfvZ6saWoxHc/view?usp=sharing

Page 44--->MAIN CONTROL DIAGNOSTICS
The Service(STATUS) LED has a continual flash which only only advises the main control has power. The service LED no longer has any blink patterns which were used to aid diagnostic in the past.

Now his model does have a SELF-DIAGNOSTICS.

Do this below: If you get no response from the UI(User Interface) Board, then disconnect power to the dishwasher for 5 minutes, then restore power and do the STEPS below.

Screenshot 2021-05-20 08.10.48.png

Let us know the fault code you get.

Jake

mcheslock

Premium Member
Thanks Jake - Unfortunately, things have degraded to the point where I can't seem to "wake up" the dishwasher. I'm getting a 120V reading to the power supply, and a low-voltage reading to the wires going to the latch assembly (and of course, the status light on the control board is flashing), but I can't resuscitate anything.. Front panel acts completely dead.

Any ideas?

UPDATE: just got it back up, and got an nF reading.. I suppose we'll see if things clear up from here.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
nF--->No fault code.

Yes, see if you can run a cycle.

If it goes DEAD again, do this below.

The service manual says on page 48--->UI Diagnostics
No display or LED's will light(excluding model GDF510).
1. Check for 120 Volts AC entering the main control.
If no volts are found, check the home breaker.
2. Attempt to enter Consumer Error Mode. If LED's light, the CSM is tripped. Consult On the Main Control Board CSM section of this service guide to diagnose and repair.
3. Check the door harness connections.

Here's the UI Board for your model:

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.