• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE Dishwasher GDF630PSM0SS Can't find replacement Control Board - part number WD21X26186

barefootdiver

Premium Member
Model Number
GDF630PSM0SS
Brand
GE
I have a GE dishwasher, model GDF630PSM0SS that is only 3 years old. It quit working the other day and today we had a young tech come out and he diagnosed it with a bad Control Board. He said he cannot find that part anywhere and in my search I have not been able to either. Does anyone know where I could get one from?
The control board has a blinking green light on it. The UI all seems to work, it starts to fill with water and then never does anything after that. How do I know that the control board is really bad?
Thanks

barefootdiver

Premium Member
It looks like it just might be a blown fuse. I found that when I ran the self diagnostic on it, it gave an error code of 206, which meant a bad fuse. Found that there is a fuse (that doesn't look like a fuse) on the circuit board itself. Of course, no one in town has it in stock so I will order one and see what happens and report back.
Used page 44 and 45 of this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1csheGsbSmPFRON5ThkhhwfvZ6saWoxHc/view

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

barefootdiver

Premium Member
So I got the new fuse and put it in and it still doesn't work. Ran Self-Diagnostic mode and everything tested fine, no fuse error anymore.
But when I started a cycle it seemed to kick in the drain and fill with water and then stop. Could smell something like hot electrical, would that be the control board or the motor?
Put it in Service mode and the drain and fill worked, but the Circulation Pump test didn't work. Can't use a multimeter anymore to test the circulation pump on these new models.
So my question is - how do I test the pump and the control board to see which one is the problem??

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Can't use a multimeter anymore to test the circulation pump on these new models.
Why can't you? without using a multimeter you can't narrow it down to which is the bad part.

Look on Page 55 of the service manual:
--->Access main control, place dishwasher in Service Mode, run circulation and drain tests. Check for 120 VAC on connector J705 pin 2 (YB) to pin 3 (CR) for circulation pump and pin 2 (YB) to pin 1 (BW). Is there 120 Volts AC?

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You are not testing the circulation pump itself, you are testing for 120 Volts to it.:)

If you get 120 volts to it and it doesn't run, then its the bad part.:)

Here's the circulation pump(wash motor) for your model:

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.