• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE Dishwasher GDF630PSM3SS Unresponsive

Atvkid4eva

Premium Member
Model Number
GDF630PSM3SS
Brand
GE
I have a relatively newer GE dishwasher Model # GDF630PSM3SS, Serial # DR715721B

Out of nowhere the dishwasher has become unresponsive as in none of the buttons light up like normal and it will not turn on like normal. However if you press the buttons enough and toggle the power on and off at the wall switch it will power on and begin to run. It will get about half way through the cycle and then lose all power. I have verified that there consistent power to the outlet which it is plugged into, it is not an issue with the circuit. Once it shuts off mid cycle, nothing will illuminate and if you mess with the buttons enough and toggle the switch on the wall some more it will come back to life and run a little more then lose power again. It usually loses power at the point where there is hot standing water in the bottom of the tub.

After Reading some similar posts on here I did go into service more and verified that the door latch is functioning like it should and then ran the dishwasher in manual mode and verified the various functions work. I thought maybe this would bring it back to life, but none the same thing happened right after.

Thoughts?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Enter Self-Diagnostic Mode and tell us what error code you get:
Screenshot 2021-09-11 18.39.11.png

Here's the machine control board for your model: WD21X25732

Here's the service manual for your model: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1csheGsbSmPFRON5ThkhhwfvZ6saWoxHc/view?usp=sharing

Atvkid4eva

Premium Member
Jake, I don’t see a “Delay Start” button. I have a “start” and “delay hours”. If I hold the cycle select and delay hours, nothing happens. If I hold the cycle select and start the unit will beep and all lights will illuminate and the display will have 7 displayed. And then all lights will go out and the only one illuminate will be the lock control light. It will just stay like this.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's very strange, unless you have a newer version/revision of this model. If that's the case, then I can't help you without the proper service manual to account for that.

The UI Diagnostics is very vague too on these newer models.

Here's the UI Board for your model:

This is all it says:
No Display or LED's will light(excluding model GDF510).
1. Check for 120 VAC entering the main control.
If no volts are found, check the home breaker.<---Your getting volts because its lighting up when you do cycle select and start.
2. Attempt to enter Consumer Error Mode. If LED's light the CSM is tripped. Consult On the Main Control Board CSM section of this service guide to diagnose and repair.
3. Check the door harness connections.

Screenshot 2021-09-12 08.09.45.png

GE has had massive Main Control Board/UI board problems and Heating Element problems with these dishwashers. So if your not able to locate the issue, you can either contact GE to come out or order both the Main Control Board and UI Board.

Two other members had a similar problem, one was FIXED by a new MAIN CONTROL BOARD, the other was fixed by a new UI BOARD.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Usually its the main control board if you are able to reset it after the UI Board goes dark. But its good that you ordered both, both boards have been problem childs for some time now.

If you do the load test per the service manual on the heating element and it goes dark, then you will need a new heater.

Here's the heating element for your model:

Jake

Irish11

I have a relatively newer GE dishwasher Model # GDF630PSM3SS, Serial # DR715721B

Out of nowhere the dishwasher has become unresponsive as in none of the buttons light up like normal and it will not turn on like normal. However if you press the buttons enough and toggle the power on and off at the wall switch it will power on and begin to run. It will get about half way through the cycle and then lose all power. I have verified that there consistent power to the outlet which it is plugged into, it is not an issue with the circuit. Once it shuts off mid cycle, nothing will illuminate and if you mess with the buttons enough and toggle the switch on the wall some more it will come back to life and run a little more then lose power again. It usually loses power at the point where there is hot standing water in the bottom of the tub.

After Reading some similar posts on here I did go into service more and verified that the door latch is functioning like it should and then ran the dishwasher in manual mode and verified the various functions work. I thought maybe this would bring it back to life, but none the same thing happened right after."

Hello I am having the same issue as you have described and have the same model, did you get yours figured out?