• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GE Dishwasher GDP615HSM0SS MC board or UI board issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vince247

Premium Member
Model Number
GDP615HSM0SS
Brand
GE
Hi all,
A few months ago the dishwasher just started randomly turning on/beeping even when no one was opening/closing the door.. it then just won’t turn on at all. The control panel won’t light and none of the buttons were responsive. I saw some videos on YouTube and figured it might be the UI board. Tried to diagnose it by opening and testing the power to the unit but before I even did that, it started working again. Two months later and it’s dead again.. and resetting power didn’t do the trick this time. Checked that there was power to the unit and used MM to check the 2nd and 5th pin on the main control board and that was fine. I did notice the green LED was flashing rapidly, so I’m wondering if it’s the MC board that’s faulty and should be replaced or the UI board? The unit is fairly old (I’m guessing 10 years since that’s when this house was built) so I’m not sure based on what I’ve read.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Read the serial number and we can tell you the age of the dishwasher.

Yes, it would be a bad UI Board causing this problem.

Here's the UI Board for your model GDP615HSM0SS you can order:

Here's the service manual for your model: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1csheGsbSmPFRON5ThkhhwfvZ6saWoxHc/view?usp=sharing It shows you how to replace it.

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

Vince247

Premium Member
Serial number SL746095B

Looks like the part is out of stock, so let me see if can find elsewhere and replace it. Thanks for your help!

Vince247

Premium Member
Hi Jake,

Sorry for my ignorance, but what's the difference between the "Configured UI Control" you linked above and "UI Display Control Board" or "Configured Service Machine Control"?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That site you linked to I don't trust them, as they don't use part numbers like our other sites AppliancePartsPros and RepairClinic do.

I had to remove the links to that company because of that reason.

The UI Board is at the top of the dishwasher door, the machine control board is underneath the dishwasher.

Per your model number, your machine control board is this one: WD21X25732

Jake

Vince247

Premium Member
Thanks Jake, understand regarding the links.
I was able to order a configured UI for my model dishwasher from GE appliances directly based on the part number you linked.. will replace when it arrives and hopefully that’ll solve the problem.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok sounds good.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Not all UI Boards need to have the personality jumpers set. If the UI Board came without instructions and jumpers, then its already been set at the factory.

Jake

Vince247

Premium Member
I finally had some time to work on the dishwasher this weekend and the new configured UI board fixed it.. Dishwasher works again.. thank you for all your help!!!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Vince, glad to hear that.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.