• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE Dishwasher GDT535PSJ2SS circulation pump won't stay running

Dadmiral

Premium Member
Model Number
GDT535PSJ2SS
Brand
GE
I've had this dishwasher for 5 years and it's been giving me issues for the last year. A year ago, the water stopped getting warm/soap stopped dissolving, so I replaced the fill sensor/thermistor and that fixed it.

Then I started getting the random beeping noises people on this forum have been talking about, until my UI board completely died (During this time, I never heard the 'chime' that the dishes were done, so it seemed to by dying mid wash). I replaced the UI board and set the personality jumpers (as well as a damaged control panel trim and the steam vent gasket on/in the door).

Now, both in service mode and normal operation, whereas the Circulation pump and sprayers should be running for 30 seconds, then alternating top to bottom sprayers, my dishwasher was only spraying for 5 seconds, then shutting off. When that happens, the main board led goes solid for a few seconds, then back to flashing 3 times.

So I figured, ok, bad circ pump. I got the pump today and the new one won't stay on either. I know I needed a new UI board, but I'm afraid I have two good pumps. I'm $285 in now, trying to decide if I should spend another $100 on a main board, or cut my losses and purchase a new $600 dishwasher. I'd hate to buy a board I don't need, but there's not much more to replace other than wire harnesses. So I might take that gamble. suggestions?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, I agree that the machine control board is causing this problem.

--->Here's the machine control board for your model: WD21X24900

Usually the rule of thumb is if you use the dishwasher a lot like daily or many times a day, its best to save the repair money and get a new dishwasher.

We suggest Maytag, Whirlpool, KitchenAid, and Amana dishwashers for the best longevity.

Jake

Dadmiral

Premium Member
Okay, I'll get the new control board next paycheck. The one other factor is, I see myself selling this house in the next couple of years. If I were planning to stay another 5 or so, I'd definitely just pull the plug on this experiment and get a whole new, more reliable, unit.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, yes I agree, since your selling the house its best to get the machine control board.

Jake