• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE Dishwasher GDT535PSM0SS UI board beeping

Theoii

Premium Member
Model Number
GDT535PSM0SS
Brand
GE
Machine was beeping about every 20-30 minutes like someone e is opening the door. So we u plugged it thinking we would plug it in when we needed it. Worked a couple of times. Then not. Decided from this forum it's one of the boards. We ordered the control board and it works. We ran the Consumer Error Mode all functions normal but still beeps like some one is opening the door every 20 minutes.
If it's the UI board is it just a junk machine?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Possibly yes.

Here's the machine control board for your model:

You have a different style machine control board, on yours the STATUS LED is suppose to flash, it means its got power to it.

To access it, disconnect power to the dishwasher and drop down that machine control board, its located underneath the door, once you remove the lower bottom access panel.
(click to enlarge)
squareboard.png

Then restore power to the dishwasher, then you can see if the STATUS LED on the machine control board is blinking.

Jake

Theoii

Premium Member
I've already replaced the control board. It worked but wouldn't stop beeping. I installed a new UI board but after there was nothing. I reinstalled the old one and it works. UI boards are on backorder again.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The UI Board in my link to it in post #2 is in-stock right now.

Jake

Theoii

Premium Member
Jake I received the second UI board and it it is not working. Absolutely nothing. My old one that beeps works so I'm pretty sure everything else is working otherwise. Have you ran into this problem of defective boards?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, its defective, contact them and they will send you another new one.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.