• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE Dishwasher GDT545PSJ2SS Display Lights are normal wont start a cycle

ct.schutrick

Premium Member
Model Number
GDT545PSJ2SS
Brand
GE
My dishwasher ran a full cycle without issue 2 days ago but tonight it wont start a cycle. the LED display is powered on and completely normal. When I press the start button the orange light on the front turns on solid before the door is closed. When I close the door the timer starts like its running a cycle but nothing happens. When I open it "during the cycle" it doesn't do the normal 3 beeps signaling that the door was opened during a cycle.

Removed wrong model number

ct.schutrick

Premium Member
***Update*** I started to take things apart from other postings to clean and check connections.
1st - Took out all filters and soaked up all pooled water around the float thinking that maybe if it thought there was still water in the tub it wouldn't add any more
2nd - took out cleaned and reinstalled the door latch sensor
3rd - Disconnected the power from the control board behind the kick plate..... when things went off the rails,
my 3 yr old decided he wanted me to sit with him until he fell asleep .... so a half an hour later when i came back i reconnected the board and heard the very familiar "the door is open" chimes that I had not been hearing for the previous hour of messing with it.
It's possible that just disconnecting it from the power for long enough to reset itself allowed it to self correct whatever the error was, but I'm currently listening to the dulcet tone of Kenny GE (which is not the official name of my dishwasher because it has never sounded sweeter)

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
It's possible that just disconnecting it from the power for long enough to reset itself allowed it to self correct whatever the error was,
Yes, but if this keeps happening you have a problem and we will need the correct model number of your GE dishwasher to help you.

You posted 2 different model numbers in your 1st post this one GDF620HSJ2SS and this one GDT545PSJ2SS. Which one is your model? The model number tag is located inside the door on the tub frame.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Got it! Thanks!

Jake

ct.schutrick

Premium Member
Good afternoon, same unit as before. It recently(a month or so ago) was reading door open with beeps when I tried to start a cycle. I replaced the door switch on the tub side and the problem seemed to clear. This morning the same problem arose. Im getting the beeping as though the door is open when it is closed. Chances the switch i replaced was bad or a larger problem?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The problem is the machine control board. Seen this many times on my service calls.

--->Here's the machine control board for your model you can order: WD21X24900

Here's another member with this exact same problem and the new machine control board fixed theirs:

Watch this video to replace it:

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.