• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE Dishwasher GDT545PSJ2SS Intermittent complete power loss

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

pcrippen

Excellent thank you Jake! I will try that one out as well.
Hey; I've had the same issue...when working, the possessed Dishwasher randomly sings it's little "Power-Up" tune every now and then. I've replaced the main control board, but same behavior. I recently re-read the service sheet tucked under the machine and noticed the bits about the control board LED. It's solid, no flashes. I retried the old board, and same behavior.

I like the idea of replacing the UI board instead of buying a whole new unit. We're selling in a few months and I don't want to saddle a new owner with the same jiggle-this, jiggle-that routine that I live with.

Did replacing the UI board take care of it for you?

gsoublis

Premium Member
Hello,

I have yet to replace the UI board but everything I read from a research perspective and the information I received from Jake seems that this is really the culprit. There really is nothing else that can be swapped that would be causing this issue. The threads that I have read is that when folks replace the main board and it still has issues when replacing the UI board folks have reported it fixes their issues.

JamietheWife

Oh my word, I'm having crazy issues with this same dishwasher and it's only 3 years old. Appliance repair is one month out here and it's currently working so they said they can't troubleshoot it if it's working. I'm the wife and am not at all handy but I've had our handyman come out and he tested the power and even changed the receptacle and then added extra tape figuring it must be jiggling itself free. He thinks it must be something that is on the brink of breaking. ??? When it stops working (no power on the control panel) if we turn on and off the circuit breaker AND then unplug and replug again it starts working. I've only run it 3 times so far and it's working right now. The other issue is that it randomly beeps and I'm sure the door is closed but I can see that the lights are lit so is this normal? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The other issue is that it randomly beeps and I'm sure the door is closed but I can see that the lights are lit so is this normal?
Yes, like I mentioned in post #21--->Yes, whenever it does random odd things when your not even using the dishwasher, its always the UI Board that's the cause.:)

Do you have the exact same model number GDT545PSJ2SS? The model number tag is located inside the door on the tub frame.

Jake