• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE dishwasher GDT545PSJ2SS no lights and no buttons work

ScubaMr2

Premium Member
Model Number
GDT545PSJ2SS
Brand
GE
I have GDT545PSJ2SS and am having an issue, as expected GE was less than helpful. Here is the current situation. I have 120V going to the dishwasher.

I have tested and the circuit board under the dishwasher to have 7 volts leaving through pin 2 & 5. There is also a solid green light that is on the circuit board.

My question is what is the correct amount of voltage to leave the board, and what does the green light mean.

Thank you in advanced

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

You should be getting 13.5 to 14 volts DC at pins 2 and 5 at the J722 connector on the machine control board. So if you are absolutely sure your only getting 7 volts DC, then your machine control board is the culprit.

--->Here's the machine control board for your model you can order: WD21X24900

and what does the green light mean.
IF the green STATUS LED on the machine control board is STEADY ON it means--->UI personality not set, communications lost between UI and MC.

Jake

ScubaMr2

Premium Member
So I retested today, and did find 14 Volts DC coming out of pin 2&5... so this leads me to believe the UI may be the cuprite... how would I know / test this.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's how you know, is your getting 14 volts DC to it and no lights or buttons work. That indicates you will need to order and replace the UI Board.

Here's the user interface(UI) Board for your model you can order:
WD21X23461 Kit Svc Ui Top Logic

Remember--->You have to set the personality jumpers on the new UI Board before you install it or it will not work, the instructions that came with the new UI Board show you how to do it.:)

Here's the service manual instructions for your exact model:

You will need to remove the whole door, then separate the door, then remove the front control console, to replace the UI Board.

Here's the service manual for your model: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XTOXM0wA0UJEuucW0deIni17sMPtDGtD

Page 26 Door Removal
Page 28 Separate Door
Page 29 Front Control Console Removal
Page 30 UI Removal

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

ScubaMr2

Premium Member
I replaced the UI board, set the jumpers… everything lights up except the function of selecting upper and lower wash zones…. What does this indicate?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Is the STATUS LED still STEADY ON at the machine control board?

You set the jumpers properly?

Did you buy the UI Board at AppliancePartsPros ?

Jake