• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GE dishwasher GDT545PSJ2SS No power no buttons, rapid flashing status LED

Status
Not open for further replies.

tstrick4

Premium Member
Model Number
GDT545PSJ2SS
Brand
GE
Have a GE GDT545PSJ2SS that is acting like it's got no power (no response from buttons, etc.). Am getting 120v at board, HC board has rapidly flashing LED. Thought the manual said that a rapid flashing LED (more than 7x every 3 seconds) indicates a software error and i had to replace the HC. Bought a new HC, replaced, no change. new board has rapidly flashing LED. What am i missing?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Flashing rapidly(4x per second)--->Software error, replace MC. What are you calling HC Board? Or did you mean MC Board? Also make sure the door wire harness connector is connected to the MC(Machine Control) Board while viewing the STATUS LED.

-->You can ALSO check voltage to the UI Board to see if you are getting correct voltage.

The UI operational voltage is output from the main control board on connector J722 pin 2 black/green to pin 5 yellow/blue. If 13.5 Volts DC is found here, then the UI Board is the problem.

Here's the user interface(UI) board for your model:
WD21X23461 Kit Svc Ui Top Logic

Snapshot_2 (1).jpg

That J722 connector is on the other side of the control board, look here:

J722.jpeg

It's the one on the left above the ethernet port.:)

Let us know what you find.

Jake

tstrick4

Premium Member
my fault, i meant MC. Forgot to mention that prior to failing, i was getting random, intermittent beeps from the machine throughout the day. Read somewhere else that this typically indicates the UI board is bad. Will check the pins tonight per your advice. Thank you so much for your help, really appreciate it.

what i'm confused about is why does the manual say that if the LED is rapidly blinking 4x a second, that it's a software error and i should replace the MC? Feel like an idiot for replacing the MC now...

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
i was getting random, intermittent beeps from the machine throughout the day. Read somewhere else that this typically indicates the UI board is bad.
You are absolutely right!

what i'm confused about is why does the manual say that if the LED is rapidly blinking 4x a second, that it's a software error and i should replace the MC?
There has been a few misprints in the tech. data sheet on some of these GE dishwashers Rick, bigbuck, and I have caught.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Let us know how it goes after you replace the UI Board.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent @tstrick4 glad to hear the new UI Board fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.