• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE Dishwasher GDT545PSJ6SS no lights no CSM mode

cdairman

Premium Member
Model Number
GDT545PSJ6SS
Brand
GE
Just moved into a home. Dishwasher worked twice and now appears fully dead (no lights at all). I tried entering CSM mode by holding cycle select and start for 10+ seconds and still nothing. I did confirm the outlet is working. Any thoughts on the next most likely culprit.

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

I apologize for posting in the wrong forum, but can't see how to move it.

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Here's the machine control board for your model: WD21X25732

First you will need to disconnect power to the dishwasher and drop down that machine control board, its located underneath the door, once you remove the lower bottom access panel.
(click to enlarge)
squareboard.png

Then restore power to the dishwasher, If the STATUS LED on the machine control board is blinking, then its good and the problem is the UI Board.

Here's the user interface(UI) Board for your model you can order:
WD21X23461 Kit Svc Ui Top Logic

Remember to set the jumpers on the new UI Board before you install it. The instructions always come with the new UI Board and shows you how to set the jumpers.

--->If the personality is not set by using the 4 jumpers, the buttons, LED’s or cycles will not function properly.

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

cdairman

Premium Member
Jake, thanks so much for the reply. As I walked through the process the light on the control board wasn't just blinking but the entire machine popped back to life. I assume this means that some connection was loose so I cinched up the wire twist caps made sure both connections to the control board were fully engaged and put everything back together. Please do let me know if I should be more concerned or should assume this means one of the boards is on its way out.

Thanks again for the speedy help, you are a life saver.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds good.:)

On your machine control board the STATUS LED is suppose to flash, it means its got power to it and it also means its sending power to the UI Board.

So next time this happens, it there is a next time, first check that STATUS LED on your machine control board and see if its blinking, if NOT then the machine control board is the culprit, if you have 120 volts to it.:)

Jake

Manyhatts1125

Jake, this is a huge help for me.
My situation is that I have the blinking led light so now I’m guessing my issue is the UI board.

only question is... where and how do I access the UI board?

steve

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Do you have the exact same model number GDT545PSJ6SS ?

If so, Here's the service manual instructions for your exact model to replace the UI Board:

You will need to remove the whole door, then separate the door, then remove the front control console, to replace the UI Board.

Here's the service manual for your model: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XTOXM0wA0UJEuucW0deIni17sMPtDGtD

Page 26 Door Removal
Page 28 Separate Door
Page 29 Front Control Console Removal
Page 30 UI Removal

NOTE--->When replacing UI control boards, the new UI Board MUST FIRST be configured as per the instructions included with the replacement. If the personality is not set by using the 4 jumpers, the buttons, LED’s or cycles will not function properly.

Keep us posted.

Jake